Preemies

Moms of 34 weekers

When did your baby start smiling socially?  DD smiles occasionally for a second here and there, but it's not on purpose.

Also, when did they start sleeping longer stretches?  I'm about to lose it, she never gives me more then 2.5 hours at night.  I'm going back to work in 2 weeks and I need more then 2 hours of sleep a night to function. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Moms of 34 weekers

• DS was almost 3 months when he started smiling socially (he was a 33 weeker). He started sleeping longer stretches at 3 months when we started letting him tummy sleep, moved him to his crib, started using a white noise machine and started a bath/bed time routine. He sttn at 3.5 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD smiles all the time and DS is very restrained with his smiles.... I think that they really started smiling around 2 1/2 months.  We never got more than 3 hour stretches at night until we gave them some cereal at 3 1/2 months (their pedi approved).  So many people told us to let them sleep on their bellies but I am too afraid to do that.  There is a pad or something like that you can buy that they sleep on and it will go off if they stop breathing so that could be a good option if you are at all like me... Good luck wiht the sleeping... mine still don't sleep that well.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS smiles on occasion, when he is in a really happy mood. He responds to singing and occasionally to verbal stimuli. He still doesn't really focus on much other than fixed objects, lights and the wall..lol!

He started STTN at about 2 months. I keep waiting for that to change. I go back to work next week so it will probably change this weekend. We give him a bath, then bottle, read a quick book, swaddle him up and put him down. We use a sleep positioner and I feel that comforts him. Sometimes he will lay there for an hour before he falls asleep. So far(knock on wood) he puts himself to sleep every night.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"