Secondary IF

**jen5/03**

Thank you so much for yuor respone on injectables.  If you do not mind me asking what a cycle costs you on injectables and all the monitoring that would be super that is after insureance.

Also, this is where I struggle spending money on all this.  They are not sure what is wrong with me.  I only have one ovary, yet they feel that I am ovulating and everything.  DH is good, so they are not sure why it has taken a year and half and we are still not pg.  So I guess I am so confused.  When I read posts and everyone seems to know exactly what is wrong, where I am not sure.

Again thanks for your help!!!  By the way your daughter is so cute and best of luck to you on your next baby!!!!!!

Alyssa born 6/14/05 at 8 lbs 2oz - Ashley born 3/27/10 at 6 lbs 13oz
We had 2 years of IF trying to conceive #2 and one loss during that time. We are currently trying for #3! had another loss the end of June
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: **jen5/03**

• Costs vary SO much between doctors that I don't know if it'll help. And we have zero insurance coverage for infertility.

I was on Repronex IM, which is about $1200 for the amount I needed. Monitoring is $300 a pop, but my RE limits it to 4 visits (if you need a 5th, the 5th one is free), and a double IUI is $800 (including sperm washing, etc).

When you say "they" think you are ovulating, are you going to an RE or are you still with your gyno? I did a lot of testing with my gyno, but then I ended up staying with her WAY too long and she kept me on 7 cylces of clomid which was a total waste... and a big part of the reason I stayed there was because my gyno kept saying I was ovulating just based on bloodwork.

Anyway, the RE can get visual proof that you are developing follicles and blood work can say if those follicles released eggs (this is exactly what my RE is doing with each of those $300 visits for monitoring).

I totally understand the struggle with spending the money, it feels like you might as well be playing poker with the money because it could all be for nothing. We told ourselves we'd just do 3 rounds of IUI when we were TTC#1 and then move on to adoption since that's more of a sure thing than IVF is, plus we didn't want to keep throwing good money after bad, kwim? And we really don't know exactly what is wrong with me, but at least now we have DD and we know the steps required to get her so we're trying exactly the same thing again (I'm in the 2ww after my first IUI for #2)

Good luck to you.

- Jena
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"