TTC after 35

All over the shop

Hello ladies, it's me again. This is my 2nd month using the CBEFM. Last month I ovulated on day 17 on a 32 day cycle which is fine. Good LP, right? No surprise that this month the monitor asked to first test on day 9 with a result of LOW fertility. Yesterday, day 10, again, LOW fertility. Then to my surprise this morning, I got a PEAK on day 11 ! I had EWCM for the past 2 days but thought that it may be because of my hormones being out of whack due to my persistent cyst. We won't be TTC this month anyway but wanted to keep tracking this cycle with the monitor. I must admit, I'm a little baffled by all of this... Have any of you experienced such a jump in ovulation? Indifferent

Re: All over the shop

• Huh?!?!  That is bizarre...I never ran into that and I used the CBEFM for over 1 1/2 yrs....perhaps you're right and it's due to the cyst....I'm not sure though....keep on trackin' and good luck with your next TTC cycle!!
  • I personally have not experienced this but I hear it is not that uncommon to go straight from low to peak.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think it's unusual given that it's only your second month using the CBEFM.  Since it sounds like your EWCM corresponds with what the monitor's telling you, I definitely think it's doing its job.  It does take a few cycles for the monitor to really "know" you.  I'm betting next month, it will go back to asking you to insert a stick sooner, and it will be able to differentiate between low, high and peak fertility.
    Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Last month I got a LOW, PEAK, PEAK in a row (I think a couple of other posters did too).  I think it just depends on the level of hormones rising at the time of day you are testing.  You probably hit the start and end of peak on consecutive days.

Now, as for having your ovulation jump around, I'm not sure about that, but I'd guess your cycles are irregular.  Have you come off the pill in the last few months?  It took me over 6 months to be normal.

Of course, my opinions come only from reading and limited experience, not any actual medical training :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"