Secondary IF
Options

Does it mean you are really a sad, sad person...

... when you kind of almost want DC to wake up early so you can catch Blues Clues first thing in the morning??

My sad confession for the day is that I think Joe from Blues Clues is pretty darn cute and I am disappointed when it's an episode where Steve is on.

Embarrassed

So, does your child watch TV?

Any favorite shows?

Any shows you particularly detest?

Re: Does it mean you are really a sad, sad person...

• Options

DS watches Noggin.  Most of the time he doesn't watch the shows, he just LOVES the music at the beginning and the end of the episodes and the filler music videos in between.

Jack's Big Music show is a big hit.  We have it on DVD and the audio CD.  And of course Blues Clues but I think he watches that just to humor meStick out tongue.

Yo Gabba Gabba, strangely enough is a big YES as well.  It's a little creepy for me, all those adults dressed up in costumes, prancing around... but he likes it. 

I don't like Max and Ruby.  That Ruby spends the entire episode biatching at little Max for something.  Drives me crazy.  DS isn't partial either so I am happy about that :)

• Options
    My DS loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  We have a dvd of MMC in Greek that he watches, too.  He also really likes Elmo and Go Diego Go.  He only watches portions of GDG.  He watches maybe an episode of Mickey in the morning, and GDG in the evening.  He watches maybe an Elmo in between on some days.  I don't have any shows I detest. 
    Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My son loves Veggie Tales, Backyardigans and Spongebob.  Those are his favorites any time of day.

At this point, I only find Yo Gabba Gabba to be really weird. 

Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Ha ha ha! I never pictured Joe in that light; maybe next time it's on I'll ahve to pay closer attention!

So, yes, my son does watch TV. I try to limit it as much as possible, though- selfishly, because it makes me feel bad that I am not doing with something with him at the time. (I, however, have no issue using it while I need to clean a bathroom or make dinner, though.)   

His favorite shows are any on PBS, but he has a special place in his heart for SuperWhy and Sid the Science Kid... I think because he's beginning to relate to "kids" his own age, and these boys- Wyatt and Sid- are kinda like him... small, curious.

I detest Yo gabba gabba... I just don't see the point in most of it. I think some of the songs they sing are great, " You gotta wait in line; it's onyl fair to wait right there", but generally it annoys me. It seems like ashow for college stoners, ha ha.

• Options

DS watches PBS Kids and Noggin, as well as the stuff that is On Demand on the cable box for preschool kids. His favorites are Fireman Sam (daddy is a firefighter, so I guess this goes w/out saying!), Sid the Science Kid, Super Why and Clifford.

My favorites of those is Sid the Science Kid (what's not to love about Science?!). Another of my favorites, which DS likes, is The Backyardigans.

Shows I detest... Yo Gabba Gabba- seriously, the people who write that show have GOT to be on some sort of hallucinogenics. And Cailou- I don't know what it is about it, but it drives me batty!

• Options

When I first saw Yo Gabba Gabba, I was so angry.  Okay, maybe not angry, I just thought it was riduculous.  It still creeps me out, but Addie loves it.  Something about those creepy dancing puppets works for her. :)

She also loves Dora, Diego and Max and Ruby.  I completely agree that Ruby is pretty biotchy.  She's always yelling at poor Max for something, and where are those bunnies parents?  Maybe if they did some parenting, Ruby would back off a little. Big Smile

• Options

We do let our son watch t.v.  He actually really loves Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.......oh, and Cash Cab!  Clearly he is a little trivia buff.

As for kids shows he enjoys Super Why, Thomas and Friends (which he calls Choo Choo Friends) and now is getting interesting Blue's Clues, I think because Blue is on his diapers.

There is a series on HBO called Classical Baby which we absolutely love.

I can't stand any of the Mickey Mouse shows and avoid them at all costs.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options

imageAgathiP04:
    My DS loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  We have a dvd of MMC in Greek that he watches, too.  He also really likes Elmo and Go Diego Go.  He only watches portions of GDG.  He watches maybe an episode of Mickey in the morning, and GDG in the evening.  He watches maybe an Elmo in between on some days.  I don't have any shows I detest. 

Aiden loves MMC too, though that tends to be his show that he watches at my parents house when my mom watches him, which is fine with me- Mickey's voice can be a bit grating at times!

• Options

DD has recently changed her likings. She used to Love backyardigans and  MMC which i loved; now she is more into Clifford, Dora, Superwhy, and Imagination movers. Since disney has recently changed the line up of shows (which annoys me) she has also started watching wiggles...but quite honestly they creep me out a little...so we don't watch it often LOL!! She's also gotten addicted to strawberry shortcake after we rented the movies.

I too think Ruby is an uptight Biotch!!! She really is too miserable for a child! LOL   And i agree Yo Gabba Gabba's writers must be on SOMETHING!

• Options

So, does your child watch TV? Nope, I only wish he did... I could get so much more done Stick out tongue

Any favorite shows?  He will do signing time if I am there singing and signing with him Stick out tongue  But he won't watch on his own!

Any shows you particularly detest?  I hate all those kids shows (except for maybe Blues)... especially Elmo... I just want to punch him.  Probably a good thing hates TV.

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options

Yep - he watches tv. 

His favs:  Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Wonderpets, and Yo Gabba Gabba

I HATE yo gabba gabba but he loves it.  

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    We just started letting him watch some tv a few weeks ago - aside from the occasional hockey, football, basketball game. :-)  The first time I put on Sesame Street, he didn't care about it at all until Elmo came on.  He also loves Yo Gabba Gabba.  I think it's the dancing and the singing.  He just sits there and is entranced by it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"