Stay at Home Moms
Options

How do you spend your day

what do you do to keep busy or what things do you get accomplished.

Re: How do you spend your day

• Options

We get out of the house every day - usually a morning outing and an afternoon outing. We either go to the gym, a class for DS, an indoor playspace, playdates, MOMS club activities, or errands. In the summer we basically live at the playground.

During his nap I do some light cleaning (I vacuum, clean the kitchen after lunch, etc.)

Today we are snowed in, so we are just playing with his toys- I did laundry and DS "helped" me shovel (he has a kid-sized snow shovel) and took a 10 minute sledding ride. That is about it. We are both bored!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mon, wed, and fri we usually go to the gym where they get to be around kids their age (more for my oldest one) and I work out. Then after that it is home and naptime. I clean, get dinner ready etc... it is amazing how fast the day goes by with two kids. On the other days (tues & thurs) we hang at home and just play unless we have special plans. I used to worry about what to do but now with two that is not a problem :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I cook and clean everyday which takes up a lot of time.  We run errands, play, meet up with family and friends... we never really get bored! 
  • Options

Our mornings are usually pretty busy. Tuesdays and Thursdays I have a mommy and me exercise class and afterwards I take the kids to the zoo. Wednesdays my son has tumbletime and then Fridays we go to the library for storytime. Two Thursdays a month I have MOPS. Usually when we're out, I'll run by the grocery store, dry cleaners or Target.

Once those activities are done, its lunchtime and then naptime. When the kids are asleep, I'll tidy up around the house, do laundry, pay bills or just relax and catch up on my tivo. Then it'll be time to start dinner before my husband gets home from work. If the kids wake up early, we'll go for a walk or play outside if its a sunny day.

I have never found it hard to keep busy. With two kids there is always SOMETHING  to do and there never seems to be enough time to get everything done but I just do the best I can. Some days I may not feel like doing much after running around all morning and just want to veg out in the afternoon. So that just means that the next day there will be even more to catch up on! My husband is really great about helping me though and once the kids are asleep, he does whatever he can so that the next day we're starting with a 'clean-slate' housewise. I hate waking up to a messy hous

• Options

Our mornings are usually pretty busy. Tuesdays and Thursdays I have a mommy and me exercise class and afterwards I take the kids to the zoo. Wednesdays my son has tumbletime and then Fridays we go to the library for storytime. Two Thursdays a month I have MOPS. Usually when we're out, I'll run by the grocery store, dry cleaners or Target.

Once those activities are done, its lunchtime and then naptime. When the kids are asleep, I'll tidy up around the house, do laundry, pay bills or just relax and catch up on my tivo. Then it'll be time to start dinner before my husband gets home from work. If the kids wake up early, we'll go for a walk or play outside if its a sunny day.

I have never found it hard to keep busy. With two kids there is always SOMETHING  to do and there never seems to be enough time to get everything done but I just do the best I can. Some days I may not feel like doing much after running around all morning and just want to veg out in the afternoon. So that just means that the next day there will be even more to catch up on! My husband is really great about helping me though and once the kids are asleep, he does whatever he can so that the next day we're starting with a 'clean-slate' housewise. I hate waking up to a messy hou

• Options

I have never found it hard to keep busy. With two kids there is always SOMETHING  to do and there never seems to be enough time to get everything done but I just do the best I can. Some days I may not feel like doing much after running around all morning and just want to veg out in the afternoon. So that just means that the next day there will be even more to catch up on! My husband is really great about helping me though and once the kids are asleep, he does whatever he can so that the next day we're starting with a 'clean-slate' housewise. I hate waking up to a messy house!

• Options
    I appreciate all of the idea's Im new to this SAHM thing so I will use your idea's and such
  • Options
    Oh my! Sorry for the duplicate posts!
  • Options

I spend a lot of time on the computer, with baby on my lap.

Days of our Lives in on at 1pm..don't like to miss that.

Do some cleaning, take a nap, make phone calls, make dinner, kid has homework...all in all I don't really do a whole lot.  Baby screams in her car seat, so I do errands after DH gets home and I can go by myself.

I drink a lot of wine, too :)

DH teases me about my life of leisure.  Whatever.  I've been busting my ass the last 7 years, I'm totally enjoying being in slacker mode.

• Options
    LOL I think its reasonable to get to slack off sometimes...Hell we are woman we work 24/7/365 without a break so you deserve it.
  • Options

To keep busy we joined a music class and there's a weekly rhyme time at our library.  I also like to get out and take walks with DS and take pictures, so we do that almost daily.

I do laundry everyday plus regular household chores and then try to have dinner ready when DH gets home.

• Options
    My baby is of the super fussy variety so we do what I call the circuit.  Chair, bumbo, exersaucer, playmat, lap, moby wrap, dancing, boppy, tummy time nap, wake up, bottle repeat.  He hates the carseat so I don't get out.  I am hoping it will be easier and better in the future.  We clean on Thurs and Fridays.  He vacuums with my in the Moby and I do all the other stuff during nap time.
  • Options

My how my answer to this question changed over the past 2 1/2 years (I was just reading through the journal I have been keeping since Emily was born!)!  :)

I feel there's never rest time, we are never board, there's just not time to be bored: it takes over an hour to get myself showered, dressed and ready to go, Emily dressed and her hair fixed and the diaper bag packed; it takes an hour to make, eat and clean up from lunch; she takes a 2 1/2 hour nap everyday and it takes about two hours to cook her dinner, feed her, clean up dinner, bathe her, get her in her PJs, comb her hair and read her books before putting her to bed!  That's 6 1/2 hours of the day taken up by very basic neccessities every day!  :) 

In the remaining 5 1/2 hours of the day we:

* Play Play-Doh - her very favorite thing right now!!! I put her in her highchair to help contain the mess and I clean the kitchen while she plays.

* Play outside in her sandbox (our temperatures are extremely mild here in San Francisco, CA so, we can always go outside!)

* Run errands (grocery store, Target, Farmer's Market, Costco, the bank, the Post Office, dry cleaners, etc.)

* Attend our weekly classes: Tumbling Class (Wed), Gymboree (Thurs), Music Together (Tues), Story Time/Sing-a-long (Tues), Playdate/Coffee Shop Meet up (Mon), Sing 'n Splash (Fri)

* We have memberships to both or our local zoos, children's museums and indoor play places like Bounce U!, Habitot and Studio Grow that we go to about once every 2 weeks.

* Emily and I eat lunch out together once a week and it's usually with DH at his office because they have Gourmet Chefs and the food is better than most of our local restaurants!

During Emily's naps I catch up on The Nest, Facebook, return emails, make phone calls, veg out on the couch, read and scrapbook.  I don't clean, I don't do any real "work" because I found over the last 2 1/2 years that I need that downtime to do what I want because the rest of the day is dictated by Emily and whatever mood she's in!  haha  :)

And I clean throughout the day, as we go along, 90% of the time is when Emily is in her highchair eating because she can't run around and mess it all up again!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options

I don't know why I love answering these questions, but I do.  I'm a creature of habit, I guess.

Up at around 5:30 - 6 a.m. Feed DD, she goes back to sleep for an hour.  I do things in the kitchen.

She's back up at 7ish.  Gets solids, we play, listen to music, I give her a 2nd bottle, then she's down for a nap at 10.  While she naps I usually do my cleaning & other around the house chores.

She's up for lunch at around 11:30.  Then we head out for a walk.  If it's really cold or snowy, I might rent a car-share and drive us somewhere.  We get home and play again for a little while, plus have a 3rd bottle.  She sleeps from 3-5, when I usually blog, answer emails, Nest, then start dinner.

When she wakes up at 5, we just hang out until DH comes home, then he takes over, I finish dinner & relax.  I do dishes or read or whatever.  Mondays, I do yoga.

• Options

i have a to-do list to help keep me focused.  I try to get most of my housekeeping things done when Alyssa is napping because she is in bed for the night at 7 and so that is when I have my own time. 

i try to get out of the house every day be it for mom's group, library, playdates, errands.

She is only 9.5 mos so i cant really take her to a lot of active places yet, but when I can we will have even more to do together.  right now i devote probably a total of 2.5/3 hrs a day to playing w/ her and reading to her, spread throughout the day.

• Options

We have really lucked out that we recently moved 8hr drive away from our family.  If we still lived close, we would probably be over there alot because my sister works part time & my dad is retired! We also live in MN, so it's freezing outside & snowing at the moment.  So I wished we lived somewhere that had nice weather all the time, we would be outside or running around the town like you other moms!

So for us, I try to clean one room a day (like today was the kitchen) & prep for dinner while DD is napping (I also walk on the treadmill we have, read or do emailing, etc).  In the mornings, I let her watch Sesame Street & then we color or play.  Then lunch, then nap, then I let her watch Dora while I finish getting dinner ready.  After dinner is daddy's time with her.  Then usually once a week DH & I watch a netflix movie because it's hard for us to get out. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a 6 month old, so I still feel like I have a hard time fitting everything in, but I try to have lots of play time with her, cook, and clean every day.  We get out every once in a while.  I'm not big on the cold weather so we have been staying indoors a lot lately.  Some days we go for long walks.
  • Options
    We get up, do breakfast, clean that up, dress for the day, play a bit or go run errands, lunch, clean that up, wind down for nap time...he takes really long naps in the afternoon.  Once he's up from nap we play, go outside, run an errand, do dinner, bath, books, bed.  I get stuff done while he's taking his nap or before he wakes up in the a.m.  Sometimes he'll play by himself while I'm doing something else.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, and I forgot to mention that he goes to Mother's Day Out twice a week from 9-2.  I usually make my appts. for those days or go grocery shopping, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"