Philadelphia Babies

OB/GYN rec in South Jersey needed!

Hi there-

I am so distressed after our last appointment with our doctor earlier this week. After waiting for an hour, she rushed us through the appointment and only let us listen to the heartbeat (for the first time!) for a few seconds before turning the thing off and saying I was done... and no ultrasound as the paperwork she had given us in our previous appointment indicated we would have.

It's our first, and we are so excited, and I'm trying so hard not to let this doctor with a crappy bedside manner get to me, but I need to find someone who cares what my name is and might be able to show just a little bit of excitement...

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated! (I am really shooting for a smaller practice if possible so I have at least had a chance to meet the doctor who delivers beforehand).  

Re: OB/GYN rec in South Jersey needed!

• Dr. Wendy Martinez in Evesham (or it might technically be Vorhees). I have not used her for OB, only for Gyn, simply because we are not there yet. Seeing as I now live 1 hr 15 mins from her office, we may look for someone new, but that is the only reason. I really like her, she is very down to earth, and will give you as much time as you need. She also has evening hours, which is important to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I go to a larger practice as well and am finding that i get "lost" in the shuffle (they are nice as all get out but i never got a do's and don'ts lecture and found out later i was doing stuff that was harmful for baby)

but a friend of mine said that she really liked Garden State OBGYN (she said there are multiple docs there and you may not get the one that you see but they rotate them so you get to meet all of them at least before you deliver- it's in Voorhees as well you would deliver at virtua in voorhees and the number is 856-424-3323.

i chose this bigger practice and i will actually deliver at Penn Hospital in philly (my friend is delivering there and seems to like it so far).

• Loading the player...
  • I HIGHLY recommend Magness and Stafford in Cherry Hill. ?They're on 541. ?All the nurse practitioners are fantastic too.
  • I used Garden State OBGYN for my first pregnancy.  They were good although a large practice and I felt a bit like I was lost in the shuffle there. 

I switched practices for this pregnancy (closer to my home) and now go to University Medical Doctors right near Kennedy.  The practice is a good size but not huge and I really like that I can see both doctors and midwives.  I've been really pleased throughout my pregnancy while visiting them.

• I go to Professional Healthcare for Women. They have offices in Cherry Hill & Philly. Dr. Sanders & Dr. Kolecki and both fabulous! They deliver at Pennsylvania Hosptial. I recommend them to anyone.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • I also like Garden State OB/GYN.  Many friends and family have used and are still using and all have been pleased with them.  Even being a large practice none of us have felt lost in the shuffle.  It allows for you see other doctors and you can learn which doctor works best for you.  If you started with them you can most if not all of the doctors before giving birth. My husband and I were able to listen to our baby's heart beat for a long time and the doctor made sure we understood what we were hearing and what the changes in sound were, like when the baby would move.  We have had two ultra sounds so far and both times we were able to watch for a long time.

The problem with smaller practices, what happens when the doctor is not available when you're giving birth?  As for the suggestion of UMD that someone gave, I do not agree. I have not had good experiences with them in more recent years. I started with UMD, since a friend was getting good treatment from them but things are not the same anymore.  They would run late every time I have an appointment, it was very hard to get appointments when needed, and they don't always do what is in the best interest of the patient.

Best of Luck finding the right OB/GYN for you  Smile

• Thanks everyone for all of this helpful information! I will be following up with the many wonderful recommendations. I am feeling much better already about all of this- and excited too, I am 11 weeks on Sunday and going for the sequential screening/ultrasound on Tuesday- can't wait to finally see this little thing! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"