Maryland Babies

Mrs.RockyM and Goldenmamma

Sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you all.  I have been having trouble with my computer at home.  To answer your question - yes my twins see Dr. Alexander.  I personally can't say anything bad about her.  I really, really like her and I think she is a great pedi.  She is always great with the twins and listens to my concerns.  I think I tend to be a little crazy with my twins and she always takes her time and answers our questions and doesn't make me feel like a nut.  There have been a ton of times I have called the office for various reasons and she always gets back to me with in a timely manor.  What impressed me the most with her (other may disagree) is when my son had a pretty serious health problem last year.  He was just 7 month and in the hospital at Hopkins.  I had called her to tell her what was going on with him and she was practically in tears.  She was on her way home and asked me if I minded if she said a prayer on the phone for him.  For me, I appreciated her true concern for my son and the prayer she said for him.  It made me feel like we were not just a patient and that she really cared for her kids.  Dr. Alexander could have easily just said I am sorry and call me when they find out what is wrong but she didn't.

The only problem I have with the office is I am not impressed with the nurses.  Some of them are great and others I could do with out!  At the same time I just tell myself that they are not the pedi. 

So in a nutshell, I highly recommend her.  I have had nothing but great experiences with her.  I think she has a very likeable personallity and I am sure you two would be happy with her.

Good luck in your choice and let me know if you have any other questions.  

Re: Mrs.RockyM and Goldenmamma

• Thanks for the "review"--this is really helpful. I am just starting to compile a list so we can visit a few. I am particularly concerned with finding someone who will be open to spacing out vaccines....I have two neices (on my husbands) side who have PDD on the autism scale and although we don't know the cause, obviously, I would like to go this route.
  • Thanks! We have an interview with Dr Alexander in the next few weeks. 

Can I ask you how long it typically takes you to get an appointment and how good she is about getting back to you with questions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Goldenmamma~  She never really said much to us about spacing out the shots.  My son is prone to seizures and at times has a reaction to some of the shots.  I get worried that he might have a seizure after a shot and therefore I only give him one.  The other reason is I am on the fence about how safe they really are.  Some thing inside of me is telling me not to do the 3 in 1 MMR shot for him (not doing it for DD either).  Dr. A. understood my concern and said that they had the seperate shots available (thank goodness).  Personally, I am going to just wait till they are 2 and start the MMR shots (my own insaine reasons :)).

RockyM~  If your child wakes up sick and you need an appt. that day you can typically get in to see her as long as she is there.  If she gets booked up you can see who ever is available or a NP.  I have called before about concerns and she always gets back to me in an hour or two.  Late yesterday I noticed that DD thumb was infected and I was able to get her in to see another Dr. at 6:30.  Even though it was not Dr. A., we were able to be seen and get her an antibiotic.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"