Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

How did you reveal gender to your parents/ILs?

We find out tomorrow but they think it's next week.  We had wanted to take them both to dinner but the weather is supposed to be bad so I don't think that will work.

What did you do?

Re: How did you reveal gender to your parents/ILs?

• We just told them when it came to revealing the gender, but we did have a fun time telling them when I found out I was pregnant. They knew when we were finding out and were too excited and had to know right then.

Since they still think it's next week I'd wait another day or two and then take them to dinner?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We just told them we were having baby Caleb. They figured it out by the name.

If it's a boy you could show them the sono pic and have them try and guess what it is. IDK, I am not creative.

• Loading the player...
  • We called.  I was too excited to NOT share the news right away.  Not doing anything more creative didn't take away from our or their excitement (even though my mom is ready to name our child herself now!).
  • We showed them the sonogram pic.
  • I honestly don't even remember.  I remember how we told them I was pregnant, but not how we told them the sex.  Hmm...
  • We didn't do anything special to announce the gender....in fact, MIL was with us at the big U/S and we called my parents and most of our immediate family immediately after the appt. We promised everyone else we would let them know so we just sent out mass text messages - "It's a boy!" We were just so excited and happy to share the news with all of our family and friends as soon as possible!
  • We just called most people and sent a text message to others.
  • Hee, I'm the nerd that made two little cards with scrapbook stuff that had a copy of our u/s pic that said "I'm a Girl!" on it.  I made one for my mom, my MIL and my SIL - I called my sister and told her because they live in Denver.  They had to wait a couple of days and OMG those were almost the worst days of my life I've never been so pestered before or since.  I just stopped answering when they would call!
  • We just called and told them. We did the creative thing when we told them we were pg! Plus, we live several hours from all of our parents and we didn't want to wait again!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"