South Florida Babies
Options

Madison hates the pack n play! Help...

Anyone have a child that refuses to sleep in the pack n play? If so, what did you do?

Madison falls asleep for maybe an hour at a time in it during the night but will fall asleep during the day in her bouncer (or, will fall asleep on me if I am laying on the couch for almost 3-4 hours at a time).

I am so close to letting her sleep in her crib but that is on the other side of the house....so I wanted to have her in the bedroom for the first 2-3 months so it would be easier on me.

(Oh and I have the sound machine which doesn't help, wrap her up before sleeping, making sure the room isn't to cool...I am trying everything).

Re: Madison hates the pack n play! Help...

• Options
    yep! Zoe hated sleeping in the PNP, still does. We put her in the crib in her room from day one, but had a PNP at my mom's for her to sleep in. It was so bad that my mom actually bought a crib to keep at her house so we can visit! Nothing wrong with putting your baby in her own room! It'll actually be easier if you don't have to worry about the transition later.
  • Options

have you tried putting her in the lowest level of the pnp? the bassinet/middle level is kind of unstable sometimes. with Angelina she still sleeps in her pnp at my mom's house 2-3 nights a week at my mom's house (since I work nights) she bought angelina the extra mattress for the pnp but I dont' recommend that just yet for your little one as she is so little and can get trapped. but my point is just that maybe she doesn't FEEL stable in the pnp.

GL

• Loading the player...
  • Options

mine went through a phase where he refused to sleep in his PNP too. That lasted about 3 weeks, it was a nightmare! We would keep trying and keep trying then suddenly one day he slept in it again. He still refuses to nap in there but at least he will sleep in it at night.

We also tried swaddling and the sound machine, which didn't work.. until we put the machine on the rain setting and put it IN the PNP and quite loud (not loud enough to damage his hearing though!). When it's near his ear he felt really comforted by it and fell asleep.So now he sleeps in it swaddled in his miracle blanket with the sound machine on right next to him!

• Options

Girl- it's not the PNP, it's the BABY! They just don't sleep at night! ;-) Hang in there, things started to get better around here at around 5 weeks. Until then I wanted to return her! LOL!

Mari

• Options

We never used the bassinet feature in the pack-n-play since we had a cradle but I would consider putting inside the actually PNP and forgoing the bassinet feature. It could be that its just too wide and does not feel secure for her - even swaddled. Have you tried laying her on her side with her back to the wall of the PNP? Or placing her the other way so that instead her head and feet facing the top and, they is facing the sides?

At that age I had not even started using the sound machine on Sophie buut we did have the womb bear which helped sometimes. I also found that when Sophie was really fussy at night if I took off my shirt and laid it over her already swaddled self that my scent calmed her.

I NEVER LET HER SLEEP ON ME. That was not a can of worms I was about to try and I tell you what I got creative as hell and did everything else I possibly could.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMrsVictoriaB:

We also tried swaddling and the sound machine, which didn't work.. until we put the machine on the rain setting and put it IN the PNP and quite loud (not loud enough to damage his hearing though!). When it's near his ear he felt really comforted by it and fell asleep.So now he sleeps in it swaddled in his miracle blanket with the sound machine on right next to him!

DITTO! Once we started using the soundmachine the rain or waterfall setting on LOUD was all that worked. It has to be so loud that she cannot really hear herself cry...anything lower will make the sound machine useless. Then, if you want, once she is asleep you can lower it a little bit to a reasonable volume for you to sleep.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"