Georgia Babies

Deuce's first trip to L&D

So, Wednesday night as I'm driving to daycare after work, I started not feeling too well, next thing I know its 5 and I am barfing, and then more, and then more and more and more and damn it wasn't stopping.  So finally at 10 I call the doctor and he sends us to L&D to get an IV and some meds and to monitor the baby.  THANKFULLY one of our babysitters wasn't going home to her family until Thanksgiving morning, so she came and slept at our house while we "slept" at the hospital until 4am.  All was fine with the baby and they gave me stuff to make me at least feel better.  So then Thursday morning, Todd took care of Finn so I could sleep in and rest up but then.....Todd started getting sick....so now both of us are sick, taking turns taking care of Finn but then I started getting sick again.  So we both just laid on the couch and let finn run around like all day.  So then after naptime, Todd wass like "I'm going to take him for a little walk and get us some fresh air"....20 minutes later my phone rings "I need you to come pick us up" poor guy!  So then we're like screw it, turn the TV on....well since Finn doesn't ever watch TV he could have cared less about what was on it.  We were literally counting down the hours until bedtime last time.  We were a complete mess.  we went to bed at 730, we had canned chicken noodle soup for thanksgiving "dinner".  I've never so much in my life wished my in-laws lived close!

but we're all good now and our awesome friends that we were supposed to have Thanksgiving dinner with just brought us leftovers so we can have some turkey afterall!

Re: Deuce's first trip to L&D

• oh you poor thing--you can always have us help out too. Although, our house is a germ-fest.  I now have Alec's respertory infection, but I think we've rounde the corner and both are starting to get better.

Please let me know if you need any help. Finn and Alec can destroy the house together :)

• Oh no!  I'm so sorry you guys were both sick.  I'm glad deuce is ok though.  I know what you mean about the TV thing.  I tried it as a distraction one day and C had no interest whatsoever!  I hope you're feeling better and if you need anything, please let me know-we're not that far and I'd be happy to help.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hoping you feel 100% soon.  Sometimes I wish my MIL was close by also....it does make a difference.
  • Oh how awful! I hope you guys are feeling better. Not a fun way to spend TG.?
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You poor things!  This is my number 1 favorite thing about having family close by.  Don't need it often, but man, it's so great when you do!  Glad you got some yummy leftovers and that the bug is over now!  I hope Finn doesn't get it!

• Nothing worse than being sick, taking care of a toddler and also being pregnant. Sounds like everyone is starting to get back to normal. I remember when Elliott was about 7 months DH and I both had the flu and thought we were going to die. I got the rates for a night nurse for 1 night and then my mom called. She said for that price I can fly down and stay for a week to help out which is what she did. We have no family here either it sucks!
  • Oh my goodness!!! I hope you guys are feeling better!! This makes for a memorable Thanksgiving, huh?
    ~Tiffanie~
  • Heather! Bless your heart. I'm glad you two are feeling better!  :(  Booo on being sick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"