Houston Babies

Diaper Pail?

I have had lots of people tell me I need to get a diaper pail/genie, so I thought I would get some recs .... do you have one? is it worth it? which one do you have? TIA.

Re: Diaper Pail?

• I know some people love those.  I've never had one.  I guess I don't know what I'm missing!

• We registered for one and got it at one of my showers, and I'm currently craigslisting it. HATE it. We just throw diapers out in the garage trash can and it works just fine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It is up to you.  With #1, I used the Diaper Champ all the time for diapers (not for poopies...always to the garbage).  Mainly because our garage was no where near his room.  With #2, I never used it.  It was much easier to just walk it right out to the garbage. 
  • We have a Diaper Genie and have found it to be very useful. It doesn't smell at all, and is easy to use. We use it downstairs where we change the most diapers. Upstairs we have an off brand diaper pail that stinks to high heaven most of the time. It's really no different than a regular step trash can. If we changed more diapers up there, I think we would have gotten a 2nd Diaper Genie.
  • I have the Diaper Dekor and I really like it!
    Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • I have a diaper genie II and love it.  We have used it for 1.5 years now and still doesn't have any smells.  My friend has the diaper champ and said that it smells really bad and her son just turned 1.  We empty it out once a week on trash day.  Worth it, but the refill is expensive. 
    Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • diaper champ stinks. it's so not worth it.
    -Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageaprilprincess:
    diaper champ stinks. it's so not worth it.

Ditto.  It worked great for the first 9 months or so, but after that, I couldn't get rid of the smell no matter what I did.  So we've gotten rid of it and we walk the poo diapers outside to the garbage, and throw the non-poo diapers into the regular trash, which we empty daily.  It's no big deal, and I doubt you'll be saying to yourself, "This is such a pain--why didn't I register for the diaper pail?"

• I refuse to buy anything that has a special cartridge that I need to get in order to dispose of diapers.  I have ther "other" kind.  It is a manual bin that has a lever you turn alternating sides that dumps the diaper and keeps the odor contained.  You can use plain old tall kitchen garbage bags.
  • imagePAGAS:
    I have the Diaper Dekor and I really like it!

Me too. ?I looked at reviews on BRU when I was registering and this one consistently got the best reviews. ?I love it. ?We kept it downstairs when she slept down here for the first three months of her life, then moved it upstairs, and have never had a problem with the smell. ?We love it. ?Honestly, I am not going to truck my ass out to the garbage outside every time she needs a diaper change, so this works great. ?Her room is upstairs, so there's no way I wanted to do that. ?The Diaper Dekor is great, and it has a safety latch so that you can lock the door where you put in the diapers so no little fingers can get pinched. ??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we have the Diaper Dekor Plus..  Love it. use it every day..  I think we will get a second one when #2 comes...  It doesn't smell at all and it's so easy to use... It does have a refill, but we have only had to replace it 3 times in 9.5 months and I SAH so it gets used all day every day...
  • imageucalum93:
    I refuse to buy anything that has a special cartridge that I need to get in order to dispose of diapers.  I have ther "other" kind.  It is a manual bin that has a lever you turn alternating sides that dumps the diaper and keeps the odor contained.  You can use plain old tall kitchen garbage bags.

that's why I picked the Diaper Champ too (I think that's the one you're talking about too). past 6 months it stinks too much. although I have yet to try v's charcol suggestion. 

-Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"