Cincinnati Babies
Options

Florence JCP Portraits= PURE HELL!!!

I now know the reason that I haven't stepped foot inside a portrait studio until Katie was 10 month old. It was a living nightmare.

I felt rushed, pressured, and waited for about 45 minutes after the apt time until we were called back then another 30 minutes waiting to view the pictures. There was no seating while we were waiting either as there were tons of large groups crowding everything in place. Katie was getting impatient and it was ungoldy hot in the entire place.

The photographer didn't capture ANYTHING!! Any time I got Katie to smile, she didn't click the picture. It was really frustrating. They didn't do anything that I wanted and didn't take my advice about my own child on what she likes/dislikes.

We were in the room for about 15 minutes before we were ushered out. Only had between 25 pictures to choose from in which all were awful besides about 2 poses and even at that I didn't care for them. I got the $8.99 package and that was it. I couldn't justify spending any more money on crap.

I called my friend who is a photographer afterwards telling him to please fit me in next week so I can actually get some good quality pictures. I told him that I was thankful for his skills and appreciate his patience with children and dedication to his photography. He is a blessing.

I will never ever step back inside a portrait studio ever again. And it feels great to get this off of my chest.

I know that many of you have great experiences at JCP portrait studios so I took the chance since the packages were cheap. I guess it just didn't work out for me.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Katie: 1/16/08 2lbs. 15oz.
Abby & Emily: 12/31/10 6lbs. 2oz. & 5lbs. 7oz.

Re: Florence JCP Portraits= PURE HELL!!!

• Options
    It's probably because you went today.  EVERYONE was getting their holiday pics taken today.  We got Logan's this morning at Eastgate.  I was surprised how many people were already there then.  His appt. was at 8:40.. By the time we were finished selecting our pics and paying it was a complete madhouse.  I could not believe it.  Despite that, Brad was our photographer (we requested him) and our pictures turned out fantastic.  I won't go to anyone but him because Logan adores him and he loves Logan.  That said, I will never schedule pics the day before Thanksgiving again.  I will go during the week another time.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I went to JCPenny in colerain today and it was alright.  I made sure to get the first appt of the day.  By the time we left they were already starting to get backed up. 

I did feel rushed and I wasn't completely thrilled with the overall pics but it wasn't nearly as bad as your experience.  They said we could have one outfit change but the next thing I knew we were done so we didn't even get to change outfits.  They were warning people on the phones to expect at least 1.5 hours of wait time. 

I know it is because of the time of the season and they did look like they had some cute props.  It was cheap too so I will give them another shot but my first choice will always be Patrick Banfield.

Be sure to post the pics though when you get them!  I hardly doubt they are crap if Katie is in them.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'll be the first to admit it's a crapshoot at JCP every time you go.  I happen to have had good luck every time we were there, but I wholeheartedly agree that this time of year is not their best time.  It's definitely not the way it usually is there, and I'd hate for you to judge your experience on this one visit.  We went last Saturday to get family pics done for Christmas, and I hated our photographer and I wanted to smack someone by the time we left.

I've never spent more than $50 on pics there, but that's my goal, so I'm OK with it.

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Options

I have gone there for all of Ava's studio pics and have had a great experience everytime but one--and I let them know about it.  I wasn't nasty about it or anything, but I just told them that I didn't feel like I had anything to choose from and that I wasn't too impressed with the person taking our pictures.  They gave me coupons for free sheets and scheduled me with one of the managers.  I would recommend letting them know about this.

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Options

I feel your pain! I went to JCP for Ryan's 1 year pics and while they took us back only 10 minutes late, by the time we were done the place was packed and there was no place to sit and wait to view the pictures. It took about 45 minutes before I could view the pictures and by that time Ryan was more than ready to go and I felt very rushed picking out the pictures. I also felt the same way about the photographer not snapping the camera when I got her to smile. Actually at one point I got a great smile and the girl didn't snap it and told me to let her talk to Ryan so that she looks at the camera! I was pissed. I don't care if she isn't looking directly at the camera, she was smiling and looked cute. I know what funny noises or sounds to make that will make her smile.

I'm sorry you had such a crappy experience but you are not alone.

• Options
    I can't imagine going there during the holidays.  It was busy back in August when we went.  I know my experience with Portrait Innovations during the holiday rush was much better than it would have been at JCP.  I am bummed that you didn't get any good pics.  Our photographer was great.  I will be going to PI for chain photography pics from now on because of the good experience.  Patrick Banfield is another one that I will go to over and over again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have to say, I am so glad we didn't go to a portrait studio.

DH's cousin is a photographer, so he came over and did some pro pics in our home. DD was being fussy, and we wanted her in 3 different outfits, so it took over 2 hours to get some good shots in each.

It was tiring, but the pics are beautiful. And I know that if we had gone to a portrait studio, there's no way we would have had time to get the good shots.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"