North Carolina Babies

CDers: nighttime diaper

tell me about your night diaper, how long it's worn, what is it, and do you have a heavy wetter?

henry used to sleep in a double stuffed BG3.0 (one size insert and an extra hemp insert), but lately has started leaking more times than not. we have some cricketts, but they take for-freakin-ever to dry and i never get them dry enough, so when he pees in them, they smell swampy and i have to change him in the middle of the night. any suggestions??

Re: CDers: nighttime diaper

• We have the same problem when we use BG 3.0s during the night - very disappointing!  I the switched to Baby BeeHid Bamboo for overnights, and it holds GREAT, although I don't think DS is an especially heavy wetter, he wears his nighttime diaper for 12 hours and nurses several times during the night.

However, the bamboo was giving him a rash letting his skin stay wet all night, so I'm going to get some microfleece liners to put in there to keep him dry, and I also just ordered a Mother-Ease one size with stay dry lining to try.

GL! :)

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Why don't you just put one of the BG inserts on top of the bamboo?

We use BG3.0s and don't have any problems.  I don't think DS is a heavy wetter though.  He's usually in his nighttime diaper for 11 hours, and we use one regular insert and one newborn insert and that works for us.  The only time we ever had leaks was when I needed to strip them.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We are still working on a good night time solution. I'd really rather her be in wool at night, and right now her best dipes plus wool only last about 8 hours. Now, I only have recycled wool longies right now, so I have some nice knit longies on the way and we'll see if that makes a difference.

But anyway, all of our nighttime diapers work well with a PUL cover- it's just tough squeezing a cover over them since the all of her night time dipes are one size and huge compared to her tiny covers! 

We use Cricketts, Very Baby (bought these from alchris, she said they don't make them anymore) and a GoodMama. If all of those are dirty, I'll use a BG and put a Cricketts hemp insert beneath the microfiber insert and then put wool pants on top (I'm paranoid, lol!). 

Maddie usually gets her night dipe put on around 9-10pm. Dh doesn't change her when he wakes up with her (usually around 2:00 if she gets up), but I generally change her when she gets up at 6. She wakes up for good at 8, so I just put a regular dipe on then. So I guess she's usually in them for 8 hours, sometimes 10.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"