Cincinnati Babies
Options

If its not BPA- its melamine!!

I swear, the media is trying to make us moms all insane. It's driving me nuts!!

People freak out way to easily and are so guilable with what the media is putting out there for people to read.

If there was a danger, it will be pulled from the shelves. They found trace- and I mean trace amount of it in the food. There are traces found in almost everything that we eat that is packaged. I feel like some moms are going to stop feeding their infants formula if they aren't breastfeeding when it's the best thing for them right now.

I feel like I need to move to a farm, raise my own antibiotic-free livestock which eats organic grass, grow my fruits in organic soil, don't use plastic for anything, and go back to the olden times where everything was in glass. Oh and make my own clothes so nothing is recalled.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Katie: 1/16/08 2lbs. 15oz.
Abby & Emily: 12/31/10 6lbs. 2oz. & 5lbs. 7oz.

Re: If its not BPA- its melamine!!

• Options
    And forget about ever eating dinner in a restaurant, lol!  I know exactly how you feel--it is always something!
    Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

• Options
    I completely agree!!!! Could not have said it better myself!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Was this something new in the news? That's what killed/sickened the babies in the Chinese formula incident. Did something else happen over here that I've missed?
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options

Jersey- here is one of the many articles regarding the matter. Not one story is consistent. CNN is saying that it was found in one, the AP press says it was found in all 3 top manufacturer of formula, etc.

https://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/11/25/infant.formula.melamine/index.html 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Katie: 1/16/08 2lbs. 15oz.
    Abby & Emily: 12/31/10 6lbs. 2oz. & 5lbs. 7oz.
  • Options
    Thanks! I was just curious, since C works with it on a daily basis.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options

It really is always something. At first, I got scared, and then I realized how limited my options were. What am I supposed to do-- hire a wet nurse? Now, if they had been pulled from the shelves and an immediate recall had been issued, then yes, it would be different. But this was trace amounts, and as you pointed out, there are trace amounts of melamine in many items that are packaged.

I hope to God no one stops feeding formula because of this, though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am not a worrier when it comes to these things (may make me a bad mommy but oh well!).  My philosophy with almost everything the media talks about is that if you are watching your child and being a parent, you won't have a problem.  I survived eating lead paint, etc...(don't want my son to do that) but I am fine.  Ugh!  Media!  Let's talk about the good things in life!!!!
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"