Austin Babies
Options

update: stillll hydratin'

thanks, y'all, for your sweet comments. I headed in at 1:30 and by 4:00 (and seven sticks later) they were able to get an IV in. The poor nurse felt terrible but was annoyed that my dr didn't send me over sooner (I'm down 12 lbs in 3 weeks). Lesson learned. In other news, they put a huge dose of zofran in my IV so I'm gonna get a baked potato on the way home (WITH cheese).

Re: update: stillll hydratin'

• Options
    Ugh.  Seven sticks?!?  Your poor veins must be all dried up too!  Hope you're getting a little relief now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

12lbs. in 3 weeks?  Daaang.  Maybe you should tell your insurance co that so they'll authorize more zofran. 

Poor thing.  How about some *~*~*~*anti-puke, but lots of pee dust*~*~*~*

How far along were you with Jack when the m/s stopped?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hope you get to feeling better soon.
  • Options
    I prescribe a baked potato with cheese AND bacon bits!  Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    Damn.  Now I'm craving bacon...
  • Options

You're every nurses worst nightmare! Dehydration SUCKS for you and for us =P

If this continues to be a problem through you pregnancy (if you even have to go in again for fluids) Ask if you can get a PICC line. It sucks having something in your upper arm all the time but it beats getting stuck a bunch of times. They can also do TPN through it too, which is basically IV food!

This isn't the weight loss plan you were talking about a few months ago is it =( (kidding)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

sorry to hear that took so long. i HATE getting stuck by needles.?

if the IV fluids and zofran dont work, you should ask your doctor about the reglan pump. my doctor recommended that before TPN. The pump was done through a home health company. it was a pain in the ass to have it in my leg all the time and have that little fanny pack, but it was honestly the only thing that kept me from vomiting.??

and im sure the doctors have told you this, but even with the crazy weight loss, your baby is still getting all the nutrients he or she needs. i lost 20 pounds before i could stop vomiting and now they think the baby is big. our bodies are amazing when we're pregnant. ?

• Options

See, you learn something new everyday - I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Reglan pump! Makes sense though, they have insulin pumps for Diabetics.

Now if only I could get a caffeine pump. Think my PCP would write for that!? Wait... I already have the Provigil. That's better than caffeine!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'd sign up for a caffeine pump. Wait - what is Provigil??? If something is better than caffeine, I want to know about it!!

MC, I'm glad you're getting some hydration, and I hope you're able to eat and drink again soon. :(

• Options

gosh, I hope you're feeling better soon.

I'm so sorry that this pregnancy has been so rough on you.

Now that you've been home for a while and hopefully had your baked potato - I hope you went to Wendy's for it and got yourself a nice large chocolate frosty as well!

Those were HEAVEN for me when I was pregnant.

Here's hoping that this does not last much longer.

FWIW - we have a good friend that is a nurse at NAMC specializing in just this type of thing - I'm hoping that she was helping you.  Her name is Tammy.

• Options
    Well I hope they pumped 12 pounds of fluid back in you!  That is crazy.  Hope you feel much better!!
  • Options
    Enjoy the potato!
  • Options
    Hope you're feeling better!!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Hope you are feeling better today!  Yum, baked potato!Stick out tongue
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"