North Carolina Babies

Stroller Question

DH had a "meltdown" in BRU over the weekend over my baby "wants" in the stroller department.  I told him that since someone is giving us a snuggle ride that we'll skip the travel system (which was my plan anyway).  And instead that we would register for the stroller frame that the seat snaps on to, a mclaren, and a jogging stroller. 

For him, the jogging stroller was the meltdown point, he feels like (and is probably correct) that we will be buying many things for ourselves (which is fine) but it means he's freaking out about money.  So my question, is it enough to have just the mclaren and the stroller frame?  Will the frame that the seat snaps on to be enough until the baby is ready for the mclaren or do we need another stroller too? 

Re: Stroller Question

• We are doing the Snugride + Snap n go frame, and then the Maclaren Quest.  The Maclaren says it can be used from 3 months on, and the weight limit on the Snugride is 22lbs.  I sure hope that he is not 22lbs before 3 months!  I really think it will be fine.  The Maclaren can recline pretty far.
  • Are you asking if you really need the jogging stroller in addition to the snap and go frame and maclaren?  I definitely don't think you have to have the jogging stroller.  It seems like a lot of people get a jogging stroller and never use them much unless you are really in to running.   We just take walks with our regular Graco stroller.

And yes, I think you'd be fine with the snap and go until the baby is say 4 or 5 months old and can sit up in more of an umbrella type stroller.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• Loading the player...
  • We had the frame and are still using the Quest. I did end up getting a jogger but you really don't need it. If you are mostly going to use the stroller around your neighborhood and the mall... the frame and Quest will be great. The Quest is great because of the size... it is so nice having a small stroller.
  • You might end up wanting all 3, or you might find you don't need the jogging stroller.  We have the frame and the Maclaren and use both.  I can see the need for the jogger for longer walks on anything but a smooth sidewalk.  We've talked about it but haven't decided yet if we will really need one.

I wouldn't register for 3 strollers anyway, unless you are having a huge shower! :)  That way you can get more of the things you need to get started, and then if you decide you want a jogging stroller later on, you can get it then.

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used gift cards to purchase a Bumbleride Indie, which will be our main stroller/jogger.  The infant carseat will snap right into it, and it's no bulkier than a travel system.

We plan on registering for a Maclaren with Harpie Jr.  It will be the only stroller we register for.

• We did the snug ride & snap-n-go frame, as well as a larger stroller for when she's a little bigger. We'd love a BOB jogger, (for when she's 6 mos +, and when we actually get back into exercising), but that's kinda a dream item... I don't feel that we "Need" it..

On second thought--yes we do--since DH thinks he is going to jog her to work 14 miles round trip each day. So yes, clearly, it's a necessity for us! Big Smile (Luckily there've been no more developments on this hairbrained scheme.. LOL.. )

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• LOL Hughes!  I'd forgotten that your DH will be jogging with Holly to work! 

I know he's just freaked out about money, and I agreed to look for a jogger at consignment shops since I want it for running on the beach (which we do often, though in the past few weeks it's turned into walks Stick out tongue).  I was mostly worried about putting a little one in a mclaren after seeing them at BRU, but I feel better about it now!  Thanks!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"