Trouble TTC

Maternity clothes vent

Hi, I'm new to this board.  I'm not expecting but I do have a question for you, where do you buy maternity clothes?  I am having a hard time finding a gift for a friend. 

My friend is expecting and for Christmas I wanted to get her a sweater.  I have looked all over the damn place and I come across a few things.

!. The sweaters are great in price and ugly as hell.

2. The store has only one maternity sweater in it. (Target)

3. I walk into the store loving everything I see and the prices make my jaw drop.  (I love my friend but I wouldn't spend $80 on a hoodie for me let alone her)

What the hell is this all about!?  What are women on a budget supposed to do when they are expecting and want to wear something other than sweats and a t-shirt?!

Vent over.

Re: Maternity clothes vent

• I know its crazy...you should look at the jean prices.  I've just had to learn to get by with the minimal amount. 
  • Motherhood Maternity, JC Penney, Old Navy Online (they have cute ones), Burlington Coat Factory, Target, Kohl's.      Is she on the small side? Maybe she can get away with wearing one of the many regular size baby doll sweaters that are out there, maybe in a larger size.  I did that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Old Navy, Gap, Ann Taylor Loft - Shop online.

Also - as pp said, you can get away with a lot of tops ordering one size up and/or getting it in a 'tall'.

• I've pretty much turned to shopping online almost exclusively.  There is not a lot to pick from in the stores and it's frustrating.  I like Old Navy because the prices are reasonable and they have free return shipping.  Most of the sizes have been true to my original size (pre-pregnancy medium has converted well to maternity medium, etc), so I haven't had to do a whole lot of returns for sizing problems.  Good luck!
  • I've gotten most of my clothes at Motherhood, Kohls, and Old Navy -- in store.  I don't buy anything online because I'm short and don't ever know how things will fit!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"