Blended Families

WWYD??

Many of you know the on going issues we have with our crazy BM...

In our CO, it states if either parent is going to be taking the kids out of state for ANY reason, the other parent is to be notified ahead of time.

Not last summer, but the summer before, BM sent the kids out of state to her parents (unbeknownst to us) and DH couldn't reach the boys for days - he finally called BM, left her a message and said "Hey BM, I haven't been able to get ahold of the boys - their phones are off and they don't call me back at all - can you have them call me?" BM called DH back and screamed at him that he "Better lose his attitude because the kids are at her parents house and they don't get cell service where they're at..." Ok. Would have been nice to know they were even going OUT there that summer, you biotch. So, note made...for future reference. (like for court...)

FFWD to this week...it's not our Thanksgiving this year but DH asked his oldest what they're doing for Turkey Day - he said "Oh, we're leaving for Missouri in a couple days..." Uh ok...again, would have been nice to know. BM apparently thinks she never has to let DH know when the kids are going to be out of state anymore - we either find out by not being able to get ahold of the boys or by one of the boys mentioning something at the last minute. It's just really irritating because we have to play this guessing game and DH told her 2 summers ago that she needs to at least write him a one liner email saying "Hey the boys are going to be gone to such and such state for this many days, just FYI or in case you can't reach them,etc" - I don't think that's much to ask, plus it's in the CO.

The way it's going, it looks like we'll be going to court in the near future, so I think it's just another thing to add to the pile of things we already have that BM does/refuses to do, even though it's in the CO. She's so irrational, we can't talk to her about stuff like this anymore, so at this point, don't you think we should just save it for court? She's in an even more psycho mood right now anyway because she got served with court paperwork over a week ago...

Re: WWYD??

• I'd save it for court, since she's going to blow you off anyway. But not until after she has her little temper tantrum.

Click me, click me!
  • Agreed, hind...I'm just bummed I can't make it down to court with DH...I want to be there for him, but the Dr doesn't want me going that far in a vehicle while I'm preggo (Due to cervical issues they're monitoring every 2 wks...) So frustrating...!
  • Loading the player...
  • It's hard not going to court. I know i wouldn't have been in the courtroom, but i could've supported him during the trip.
  • I'd save it for court alos.  I hope that everything works out.  My SD's BM likes to state what the CO says when it's helpful for her and other times she just makes up what's in the CO.  Little does she know that I have EVERYTHING filed in a binder.  And I mean EVERYTHING.  Right now, I think you need to keep your little one safe, I'm sure your DH knows how much you support him! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"