Birth Stories
Options

Successful Version?

Has anyone had a successful version?  Our baby turned breech during the 39th week - and on Tuesday the doctors are going to attempt a version. I am hoping it is successful so I can avoid a c-section.  I am just curious about the procedure - what did it feel like? 

Re: Successful Version?

• Options

Hi:

I had a successful version done at 41 weeks. Our baby was born at 8 lbs 6 oz so she was pretty big. The procedure definetly isnt comfortable but it wasnt as bad as you think. They basically have to push REALLY hard on your abdomen. There are two doctors and they stand on either side of you and sort of push and pull the baby into position. They go pretty slowly and monitor you the whole time. It didnt ultimatly save me from the C Section but at least i felt like I had a chance to labor which was important to me. Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Kristin

• Options
    I had an unsuccessful version at 37 weeks.  It hurt a lot--like the pp said they push on the baby with very forceful and steady pressure to try and get him/her to turn.  Mine may have hurt a lot b/c my DD didn't budge AT ALL. I was sore that evening and the next day but otherwise I would do it again if needed.  The Dr told me that some turn, some don't, you just have to try and see. Best of luck to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you really are 41 weeks, this is really too late for you, but I thought I'd post anyway since I had a hard time finding real-life stories before mine.  Story in bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"