Secondary IF

Can I join you ladies?

I have an 18 month old son, Cole, who was conceived with Clomid.  I was anovulatory and not getting AF on my own.

Since then I have started getting my period irregulary. I was actually able to get pg twice, but m/c both times.  We started seeing an RE after the 2nd m/c and I was recently diagnosed with PCOS.  I am having more blood work done next week and then we will talk about possible treatments.

Anyone with PCOS willing to share thier treatment plans? Thanks so much!

Re: Can I join you ladies?

• Hi-

I have a 13 month old DS who was conceived through IUI and injects. I have PCOS also. I have had 2 m/c's as well......and both were times we got PG on our own :( One m/c was at 5.5 weeks before we had DS and the most recent one was at 10.5 weeks, after we had DS :( PCOS sucks and my cycles got wackier after I had DS (so many people told me that theres got better after having a baby....).

Anyways, I was on 1000mg of Met, I used Gonal-F, triggered with Ovidrel (had only one follie....) and we did back to back IUI's. We got PG with DS the first try!

We will be starting the same protocol in late Dec/early Jan to hopefully have #2!

GL! When will you start treatments?? Maybe we will cycle at the same time??? 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hi! and welcome!

I have PCOS too and my DD was a clomid baby, 50mgs! now ttc#2 has been a whole different story: we have tried clomid again, femara, gonal F and femara + IUI. We have has 3 losses and no sticky BFP yet. I am sorry for your losses... Have you been tested for a blood clotting disorder??

• Loading the player...
  • imagehopeful14:

Hi! and welcome!

I have PCOS too and my DD was a clomid baby, 50mgs! now ttc#2 has been a whole different story: we have tried clomid again, femara, gonal F and femara + IUI. We have has 3 losses and no sticky BFP yet. I am sorry for your losses... Have you been tested for a blood clotting disorder? 

I'm sorry for your losses too.

I have some more testing scheduled for Tuesday.  My RE wanted me to wait 6 weeks past my lost to do most of the testing.  He is testing for a blood clotting disorder.  Blood clots run in my family, so it's definitely a possibility.

• I'm anovulatory (as of my first diagnoses) so I can't give PCOS advice BUT welcome!  Glad to have you!
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Welcome to the board!

I have PCOS.  DS is 19 months old and he was concieved first round of Clomid at 50 mg. 

TTC #2 so far... actively since Feb but we haven't been using anything since DS was born.

2 rounds of Clomid at 50mg - no ovulation

2 rounds of Clomid at 100 mg - 1 ovulation no BFP

all 4 rounds were with my gynae so there was minimal monitoring besides the day 21 progesterone test to see if I ovulated.

Went to see RE. This will be our first treatment cycle so things are still a little up in the air.  As soon as AF shows up again ( hopefully this year ) I will start a month of BC to give my ovaries a chance to relax and get rid of any cysts. 

Then I start back on 50 mg of clomid.  Daily or every second day ultrasounds for the first few days to monitor any developments.  Depending on that I may need FSH shots ( gonal-F ) and then Ovidrel to trigger.  Scheduled nookie.  Always fun.

Day 21 serum progesterone to test levels.  Beta at day 28. 

Treatment plans vary but as far as ovulation induction and timed intercourse goes, this is fairly standard.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"