Health & Exercise
Options

I ran today!

I have been feeling like crap and have not been able to keep down any kind of fruits, veggies, etc.  I have also been so tired that it's been difficult to exercise.  Last night I made the decision that I would go walking in the morning no matter what.  It's below freezing here, but I was out the door at 6:30 and it turned into a run!  I am at work now and tired, but I would be this tired anyway.  Mentally, it was all worth it :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I ran today!

• Options
    Glad to hear you went for a run! If your body is saying YES then why not!!  The first step is getting out the door :)
  • Options
    Good for you! I am usually a runner also but my doctor suggested walking,  riding the bike or the ellipitical instead which is fine. But I cant just walk cause I am use to running. What did your doctors say? Is is okay to run? I am almost out the first trimester and I am not as exhausted as I have been. I havent worked out inm two months and its killing me!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations! I am only 4 weeks along but I am still running daily for 8-12 miles. My dr said it is okay, as I have been doing marathons all the time and 60 miles per week. I just ran a marathon 2 weeks before I got pregnant...
  • Options
    i dragged my booty to the gym last night and it was well worth it. Finally got a decent nights sleep!
  • Options
    My doctor said it is fine for me to do whatever my body says is okay.  Before getting pregnant, I ran or went to the gym and used the weights and other cardio machines during the week.  Each weekend and once during the week I would do a long run that could be anywhere from 8 - 15 miles.  Because my body was used to this, I have been able to keep up some kind of routine.  Unfortunately, the m/s and fatigue stopped me for a while.  But I am trying.
  • Options

:Butting in:

Hi fellow runners! I have a question... I used to run marathons several times a year. That was like 10 years ago. Since then, I have been pretty much in school full-time along with working full-time since then. Have gained a bunch of weight (like 50 lbs)... horrendous, I know. Anyhow, I began training for my 1st marathon in 9 years back in April. About all I can muster up is 2 miles each of my 3 days off a week (Sat, Sun, Mon). My commute is hours a day with a baby... just no time to run during the week. Do you find that it's even worth it to run so little? I know it is, but I was used to running 4-5 miles every day and I felt amazing back then. I long for that again, and wish I was a carefree college student again. Any suggestions? I have to run with baby in jogging stroller. I just feel too badly to make her sit still for any longer runs. TIA and sorry to butt in:)

• Options
    I am right there with you! I FINALLY got a run in yesterday and it was totally worth the tiredness afterward! I triedea couple times before that to run and just could not get my rear in gear- keep up the good work and remember, moderation and listen to your body!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"