Birth Stories
Options

Bedrest with a SAH 2-year toddler.. how'd you do it?

Please share your story and how you dealt with taking care of a child at such an active age.
Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.

Re: Bedrest with a SAH 2-year toddler.. how'd you do it?

• Options

Due to excessive bleeding, I was on modified bedrest for 3 weeks of my pregnancy. My older son was almost 3 at the time. Honestly, I let him watch exorbitant amounts of television while I laid on the couch and supervised him. I didn't get up unless he needed a meal or to be put down for his nap.

If you're going to be stuck in bed for a long duration, you'll need some help during the day. Do you have a friend, relative, neighbor, parishioner, etc. who can come over?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was on bedrest at the beginning of my pregnancy due to hG.  My mom actually spent almost everyday with us to help out with dd (fixing her meals, keeping her occupied).  The days my mom couldn't come dd and I just laid in bed and watched movies, read books and colored. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My friend is going through this now. She has friends and family who come over and either watch her DS at her house or take him for a while during the day. There's not a whole lot else you can do besides this. GL!
    Marcey
    Kaden William 11/4/06 and Dawson Michael 6/30/10
    Dawson's first birthday - at the zoo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"