Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Pumping at work - cleaning parts

How are you cleaning your parts between pumpings? Rinsing out isn't adequet I take it. Should I be using the micro steam bags between each time? But then I have the problem of water still in some of the parts. Any advice you have would be great. Thanks!
Proud Step Mom to Zachary 10-26-98
Loving Wife to Billy 04-28-07
Proud mom to Jeremy 08-15-08

Re: Pumping at work - cleaning parts

• Options
    I just rinse mine out and have never had an issue. I think it is kind of gross, but it is the only thing that works for me! I always sterilize them in the morning and when I get home. I only have to rinse them out once because I pump twice while at work.
  • Options

I was actually thinking of posting this same question!  I have been cleaning mine with soap and water quickly under running water and then yes, I have been steaming mine just about every time.  I try to dry them quickly afterward and then leave my pump bag open a little so they can have a chance to air dry a little.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wipe all my parts down with hand-sani wipes after each use.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just bought 2 extra sets of parts so I can clean them at home at night.   There is nowhere easy in my office to clean them in between pumping. 
  • Options
    I use the Medela wipes.
  • Options
    I have been rinsing mine the past 2 1/2 weeks and haven't had a problem and then steralizing/cleaning thourghly at home. I guess I will continue to do that, I really don't have the time or place to use the micro steam bags every time. I might go buy some of the medala quick clean wipes. Thanks girls! You all rock!
    Proud Step Mom to Zachary 10-26-98
    Loving Wife to Billy 04-28-07
    Proud mom to Jeremy 08-15-08

• Options
    I put them in a large zipper bag in the fridge between uses, and wash once a day (I sterilize the tubing a few times a week and have extra parts). I also have the Medela wipes.
  • Options
    You do not need to sterilize after every single use. Sometimes I clean with soap and hot water if I have the time, but usually I just use the medela wipes and dry off with a paper towel. I clean them thoroughly when I get home, and sterilize only occassionally.
  • Options
    I have a couple of sets, but I only use one per day.  I sometimes don't even rinse them off between uses.  If bm is good for 10 hours at room temp., I figure it's okay.  If I do clean them, I just use soap and water.  My lactation consultant said to sterilize once a day, so no need to do it every time.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I pump into the bags and wipe the shields with a papertowel or Medela Wipe in between...washing them at home in the dishwasher at night! Haven't had a problem so far...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just clean w/ a napkin b/w 2 uses at work, and then use the medela wipes after the second pumping of the day...  I don't always wash them at night, but do take fully apart when I use the wipes...  I guess I'm bad......
  • Options
    i guess i'm dirty! I usually only pump once at work but if I do pump twice i just wipe it with a paper towel as best i can reach.  I store them in a baggie for the rest of the day and wash with hot soap and water every night.  I only sterilize them every once in a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"