Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Yellow Nurseries

This is my first time on this board, so I apologize if anything like this has been posted before.

Today I had students making class presentations on the element of color.  As part of the "yellow" presentation, I was informed that studies show babies in yellow nurseries cry more, are more easily agitated, and are fussier than babies in other nurseries.  Toddlers and pre-schoolers are more prone to temper-tantrums as a result of yellow bedrooms.    

I had no idea. 

FWIW

Re: Yellow Nurseries

• Options
    Wow! I had no idea either! Thanks! Big Smile
    border=
    DD 10/31/09 - BFP 3/22/11 M/C confirmed 4/9/11 at 8w4d - BFP 10/5/11 EDD 06/16/11 BabyFruit Tickerimageimageimage

*Vote on our Baby names*
  • Options
    Hi I am a painter and its actually green with a yellow base....it actually makes kids fussy and not want to eat supposedly....not sure if that started off as an old wiVes tale or what but no one has ever chosen green for their nursery that I painted....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I hadn't heard that, although one little boy that I nannied for had an awesome nursery. Everything was nice except the color. Bright yellow. As if that weren't enough to keep him awake he had a sliding door (patio like) it was always super bright in there.

If I have a boy I am painting the room Khaki and if its a girl lilac. I already have the bedding (because of failed adoptions where the mom would change her mind) and nearly everything I need for a baby.

• Options

I was an art major and yes colors can affect moods. Google some color theory info - it is quite interesting.For example alot of restaurants use red - makes you hungry. (can also bring on anger though)

As for yellow - I think it is for the bolder yellow colors that raises anxiety.I am using a very pale yellow and green in my nursery though.

There are several articles similar to this one

https://freshome.com/2007/04/17/room-color-and-how-it-affects-your-mood/

• Options
    I didn't know this either!  I haven't started baby's room but yellow is my fave color and pretty neutral so I considered it...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"