Orange County Babies
Options

how many of you have 401k?

My 401k is free falling!!! Not to mention that I am not working and haven't contributed or actively managing my funds.  It's so bad that I think I have only 40% left of what I had a yr ago.  Boooo.  How's everyone else's funds doing?

Re: how many of you have 401k?

• Options
    I have a few 403(b) accounts. I had transferred some funds to foreign stocks that were heavily vested in oil a few months ago. It has PLUMMETED!  I think it had gone down by 1/2 last I checked. Thankfully, I was really just 'testing' the waters with that and it wasn't a ton of money. But still...I'm just waiting things out for now.  My other has lost a little or maintained...not that great, but again, I'm waiting it out. Trusting all those sources like Suze Orman and Dave Ramsey who iterate that it will go back up and if you don't need it anytime soon, let it be. 
  • Options
    I have an IRA, and even that has suffered a ton. It's so sad. I try not to look at my statements too closely because it just makes me sick. My grandma is getting ready to retire in May and thank god her retirement stuff is safe. She will even have more to play with than she thought, which is excellent. For us, we'll still young and the markets will recover eventually...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I know we're not supposed to look all the time (we have to think LONG term) but I checked last Friday. As of last week my 401k was down 35%. DH's 401k was down 25%. So between the 2 of us it's down 60%.....OUCH! But everyone keeps telling us that now we're buying stock at discounted prices. Yeah yeah...

• Options

I have two and DH has one. The one DH and I have together is down 35% we no longer work with this employer and that entire organization is not doing well. We expected to drop some more.

The one I have with my current employer is not bad - down 16% which I consider pretty good. I'm just glad we are not retiring anytime soon! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"