Secondary IF

DH just doesn't get it anymore!

I remember when I was first diagnosed with IF and when I was waiting to qualify for treatments and when I was going through treatment with Harmon, DH was just there for me EVERY step of the way.  He helped me through my mood swings (I have a very delicate hormone balance that keeps me sane, when it goes wonky watch out and Clomid makes me wonky) and just was loving and there for me.

Now I am trying to balance a FT job at home with little child care help, a move across the south west, and the Clomid blues/moodiness.  He is just not there at all for me.  He claims he is but he isn't.  I just feel like I am so alone and going a little crazy.  I'm this ready to stop TTC and getting on some meds.   But I know it is the hormones from the Clomid that is pushing me so I just need to barrel through.  I just wish DH would get a clue!

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg

Re: DH just doesn't get it anymore!

• I am sorry, our situation is the opposite. DH was checked out with number one, and this one, he is more involved. I think that it is because I am a little calmer. Not sure, but he has finally realized the volume of support needed to get through this battle.
  • I am sorry you are going through this....IF is so hard! Even the second time. I am like the pp, DH was pretty uninvovled the first time and now he is all about it (maybe even more than I am, if that is possible!) I think the first time he saw how emotional I was about it all, and didnt know how to react. And I was just so scared we would never have kids, I think he was too nervous to get attached to the idea of having a baby. Now that we have DS, and he is so invovled and LOVES being a Daddy he cant wait for this to happen again. When I got my BFN after this past IUI cycle I was a little sad and disappointed but DH took it worse than me. He actually said to me the other day that he cant wait for me to get pregnant again because going through all this is so emotianal and hard to deal with for him. I was like....uhhh, I am the one doing the shots to myself every night and waking up at 4:45 AM for daily ultrasounds and blood work, it is hard for you to deal with???? haha. But I am just happy that he is emotionally invested in the process this time. Last time it was just like he couldn care less.

So anyway, enough rambling...I know what you are going through and I hope it gets better. Just try to sit down and have a heart to heart with DH and let him know you just need a little more from him and anything he has to give would be a huge help. I hope things start to look up for you!!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry. My DH is also a lot better this time around than he was last time, but I remember how frustrating it was. I hope things get better for you soon!
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"