Maine Babies

Baby Acne

Ben has the worst baby acne on his cheeks, Kate has none.  Does anyone else's dc have baby acne and does anyone know when it will go away?  The pediatrician said to just leave it alone and it will go away on its own.  Poor little guy it looks like it would hurt but it doesn't seem to bother him. 

Kerri

Re: Baby Acne

• Gianna has it on her nose and it seems to be starting to go away. 
  • Evie had it pretty bad for a while as a newborn.  She still has a blemish or two from time to time, but it mostly cleared up by about 6 weeks.  All I did was wash with warm water per Dr's instructions.  There's nothing else you can do really.
  • Loading the player...
  • Meredith had it sooooo bad.

Our pedi said to use 1% cortisone cream to bring down the inflammation. That worked wonders. He also said to use original selsun blue on it every other day. We did it 2x and that also worked wonders.?On the other days and after it started to go away, we used cetaphil to wash her face. ?

Now I make sure that I wash her face with soap at least 2x a day (morning & bath time at night) and if she spits up or if her faces looks oily I'll wipe her face down with a wet washcloth & no soap.

Also, don't put cream on their faces. That makes it worse.

HTH ?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"