Single Parents

nosy people...

I was at the grocrey store and the clerk saw me and she was all like "congrats on the baby!" I said thank you, and she asked if it was a boy or girl, and I said girl. Then she asked me what I was going to name her, and i said "I think I'm going with Lillian" and she said "Don't do that! Name her Layla...hey, what's the father's name?" I begrudgingly said Ryan and she was all like "well, why would you say it like THAT?" ....this girl is pretty nosy. "He's not around is he?" when I said no, she was all like "girl, you better make sure you get that child support!" so glad a stranger I've known for all of two minutes has renamed my daughter and is THIS interested in my life...way too nosy for my taste.I shouldn't have answered her question. I thought her quite rude. I don't mind people asking me when I'm due or the sex of the baby, but I thought this was just way nosy! And tellling me "name her so and so" um...you don't even know me! just thought it was something interesting..no real point in posting this. lol. Just thought it was crazy. 

Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

Re: nosy people...

• Ugh, so annoying. I was at a baby shower for my cousin this weekend and all the relatives wated to know the story with BD. um, I'd rather not. I have it down to about two sentences, so I gave them that, but I wish people wouldn't ask if I'm not forthcoming with the info. It just sort if sounds worse to say "I'd rather not talk about it".

• I know right. why is it any of your business if I don't mention it? 
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Loading the player...
  • eg214eg214 member
    I can't tell you how many times I've had people say "Oh, I didn't know you had a boyfriend! AWESOME" or "Who's the lucky guy" etc. IT'S NONE OF YOUR D**N BUSINESS AND MAYBE I DON'T HAVE A BOYFRIEND OR MAYBE HE ISN'T AROUND ANYMORE!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sick of people acting like they have a right to know that kind of information. I would never dream of being so tacky as to ask who the father was if I knew the person was unmarried and hadn't talked about a guy like EVER. Geezus. It's completely disgusting.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • better get used to it because you are on the "unwanted advice" train in section "I need to know your whole story" lol :) 

people are just like that. Everyone asks about my sons dad. "are you filing for cs" "does he talk to you" "whens the last time you heard from him" "does he even know about the baby" etc etc etc.. 

none of yo bis nass! lol
  • KMB611KMB611 member
    People can be so inconsiderate of others' feelings. My mom told me that after I was born she and a woman were having a conversation about children and a man came out of no where and said something along the lines of, "You have no idea how hard it's going to be raising a child on your own." My mom ignored him and went on with her day. She was able to raise me because she had an awesome support system.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"