December 2011 Moms
Options

Downside to daycare centers

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Downside to daycare centers

• Options
    imageSandAndsSea:

I actually appreciate teachers/babysitters, etc. who will take DS from me when he's crying and are confident enough that they can make him happy and settle him down, becuase then I can leave and know that DS will be fine 10 seconds after I walk out the door.  If I try to calm him down, it just makes things worse when I do leave or he gets even clingier.

I do feel bad leaving DS when he's crying, but honestly, he gets over it soooooo quickly once I'm gone.  I've even stood outside the door to see how long it takes and seriously, it's like 10 seconds and he's fine! :) 

This exactly! I struggled with leaving LO in DC during the summer nearly full time, or just taking him when I needed to. Selfishly, I WANT that extra time with him, so he stays with me unless DC is having a special event or I have a workshop. He gets very attached to me, but he still recognizes the DC center and he's always fine as soon as I leave.

I'm sorry you had a rough day...I dread starting him back full time because I know it will be a rough adjustment. 

• Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RicolaRicola member

I'm sorry :-( I can imagine that that is rough for both of you. 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options

Ugh that does stink...

However my downside of having a home daycare provider is that she has more vacation days that I do!!!  Plus her kid was sick last week so after being off for 2 weeks I had to stay home 2 days with the kids and then this Friday she's off and in 2 weeks she's off for 2 more days.  Definitely not easy on my schedule!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"