Stay at Home Moms

Nighttime Sleep Digression

My LO goes to sleep around 9pm every night.  He usually sleeps until about 4am and then wants to eat and then gets up for the day at 7am, and one night it was almost 5am when he woke up....until about a week ago.  Now he wakes up several times throughout the night and wants to eat at 1:30 and then around 5:30-6:00 and is up for the morning. 

Has anyone experienced this?  Wondering if this is due to an upcoming growth spurt or if this is typical for this age as I realize he is still really young to sleep through the night.  Thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nighttime Sleep Digression

• Yes, sleep regressions are super common and impact all babies differently.  They happen at pretty predictable times though surrounding mental and/or physical development.  I would check out the usual growth spurts and look into Wonder Weeks.  I know my kids have both hit sleep regressions at the usual points, they get through whatever development they're working on and their sleep improves.  I find that if I know what's causing it it helps me to understand it.  

For example, DD was sleeping 10-12 hours at night until she hit her 6 month growth spurt stuff.  She's now having more trouble with naps, is waking once overnight to eat, and tends to wake up a little earlier in the morning as well.  I'm hoping she'll get through this rough patch soon.  I recall DS going through the same thing.   

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm having the same issue with my LO.  She was sleeping 5-6 hours but now we are back to 2.5-3 hour spurts.  :(  She is 12 weeks today.
    ***Lauren*** Married my Love 07.12.08 - Baby #1 (Girl)-Cystic Hygroma & Turner's Syndrome-D&C at 13 weeks 03.29.12
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelaurenstrawn:
    I'm having the same issue with my LO.  She was sleeping 5-6 hours but now we are back to 2.5-3 hour spurts.  :(  She is 12 weeks today.

https://www.thewonderweeks.com/mental-leap-3/   

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • As soon as DS hit 8 months naptimes, bedtimes, and MOTN wakings have been horrible.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"