Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Wondfo OPKs - Room temperature pee?

Hi ladies! I've got a quick question. I know that when using the Wondfo opks, you're supposed to wait until the urine has reached room temperature before testing. The problem I'm having is that starting tomorrow I will have family staying with us and sharing our only bathroom. It's going to be hard enough to test at all with them there, but it will be especially hard if I have to leave a cup of pee sitting out somewhere for a half hour to cool off! 

My question is this: Has anyone tested immediately (with warm pee) with these opks and still gotten reliable results? WWYD in my situation?

Thanks! 

Re: Wondfo OPKs - Room temperature pee?

• Options
    I always dip the stick pretty quickly after I pee. I've never had an issue.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    That is interesting!  I did not know you were supposed to wait for it to cool off so I have always been using "fresh" pee.  I am interested to hear other responses.  Is it the same for Wondfo HPT's? 

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles ... it empties today of its strengths"
    -Corrie Ten Boom

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagethatmissamanda:
    That is interesting!  I did not know you were supposed to wait for it to cool off so I have always been using "fresh" pee.  I am interested to hear other responses.  Is it the same for Wondfo HPT's? 

I believe it is. I'm a stickler for following the rules, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it doesn't really matter all that much. 

• Options
    No need to let your pee reach a certain temperature before testing, either with an OPK or HPT. Just pee and test.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Options
    imageelizabethb3:

Hi ladies! I've got a quick question. I know that when using the Wondfo opks, you're supposed to wait until the urine has reached room temperature before testing. The problem I'm having is that starting tomorrow I will have family staying with us and sharing our only bathroom. It's going to be hard enough to test at all with them there, but it will be especially hard if I have to leave a cup of pee sitting out somewhere for a half hour to cool off! 

My question is this: Has anyone tested immediately (with warm pee) with these opks and still gotten reliable results? WWYD in my situation?

Thanks! 

Say whaaaat?

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that step meant for people who refrigerate their pee?

I dip right away.

Dx: Endometriosis (2010), PCOS (2013)

TTC since 8/2012

BFP 3/9/2014  Femara 7mg + trigger. EDD 11/20/2014

http://amycookiemonster.blogspot.com

• Options

Thanks, everyone! 

I swear I'm not crazy! I looked to make sure, and on the instruction sheets that came with both my opks and hpts (Wondfo from Amazon), #1 under How to do the test says: "The test strip and urine have to be at room temperature prior to testing."

Anyway, thanks for the input and putting my mind at ease! I will definitely test right away when I'm trying to be sneaky! :) 

ETA: I didn't mean for that to come across as defensive or anything. I honestly worried for a minute that I was, in fact, loosing my marbles! I had to check for my own peace of mind. :) 

• Options
    imageAmyC925:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that step meant for people who refrigerate their pee?

I dip right away.

Why would your refrigerate your pee?
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    imagePintobean39:
    imageAmyC925:

I dip right away.

No idea. I'm not sure I really want to know the answer.

Dx: Endometriosis (2010), PCOS (2013)

TTC since 8/2012

BFP 3/9/2014  Femara 7mg + trigger. EDD 11/20/2014

http://amycookiemonster.blogspot.com

• Options

imageAmyC925:
    imagePintobean39:
    imageAmyC925:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that step meant for people who refrigerate their pee? I dip right away.
    No idea. I'm not sure I really want to know the answer.

Ha ha! Mmmm, cold and refreshing! :P 

• Options
    I didn't know you were suppose to do this. This is my 2nd month using them. I got 2 positives last month and 1 on Friday so I don't think it matters. I always dip them straight in there. 
    Daisypath - (fpox)Lilypie - (cr8G)  Lilypie - (jTpT)Lilypie - (LZoT)
    Started Dating DH 09/03/2009 Married 07/01/2011 
    Surprise BFP 10/18/2008 EDD 06/19/2009 DS #1 Born 06/16/2009
    TTC #2 12/2010 BFP 05/15/2011 EDD 01/09/2012 DS #2 Born 01/11/2012
    DH adopted DS #1 06/25/2012
    TTC #3 06/2013 BFP 02/19/2014 EDD 10/30/2014 DS #3 Born 10/10/2014

• Options
    imageElbug:

imagegonzol:
    I've never waited to dip a stick. In fact, I've never even actually seen that on the directions I've received. I've also never had an issue with results. 

I don't wait either.  Last time this came up I re-read the instructions and also didn't see anything about room temp pee. 

Interesting. 

• Options
    This is the first I've heard of it! Huh. Well at this point I've used them for 4 cycles without waiting, and gotten nice, clear results each time. So I don't think I'd be leaving out a cup of pee to cool any time soon. :-) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    EDD: December 8, 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"