Food & Nutrition

Tofu for baby

Thoughts on tofu for an 8 month old? I've heard both good ( high protein) and bad (estrogen).

Re: Tofu for baby

• DS has always eaten tofu (vegetarian family) and he loves it. Our pedi never had any problems with it

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My guy's been doing tofu since pretty early on. I think moderation is the key here. I wouldn't serve it three meals a day, seven days a week, but as a sometimes food it's not such a big deal.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS loves tofu, it was always easy for him to eat. As PP said, moderation is key. Anything could be "bad" if given too much. 
  • We AVOID soy in my household. The small amounts we do eat are fermented soy products.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No soy in our house.
  • My LO loves tofu and eats it probably 2-3 times a week.  great finger food. 
    I (and the pedi and the AICR and ACS) think it is perfectly safe, healthy and fine to give a child in moderation.  

I do think organic and non GMO are better than conventional if you can find it.

• We're a soy free home.
  • Our kids love tofu!
  • Soy is one of the most difficult foods to digest for adults and definitely also for children. I would stay away unless you have access to true fermented or sprouted soy. The tofu sold in packages almost always is injected with an accelaration culture, and is not actually fermented. Fermentation is a pre-digestion process that allows us to be able to digest it.
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Hi, lurking, do you serve it raw, drained, out of the package? Or cooked. I have an 8month old who is good on most solids and I'd like to introduce some tofu. 
  • I serve it lots of different ways.  I do tofu scramble with onion, seasonings, etc.., put it on pizzas, bake it with a little soy sauce and sesame oil, and give it straight out of the package.  I also use silken tofu in smoothies and to make pudding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"