January 2014 Moms

Freak out

I know it's not even close to being this time. But I had a bit of a freak out. My husband and I don't make a lot of and unable to really save every week with bills. How in the world r we gonna pay for daycare??? Or even the basic stuff for baby? My hubby is reassuring me everything will be ok. Anyone else feel like this??

Re: Freak out

• I think it's normal to have freak outs now and then. There are moments that I freak out that we are going to be responsible for another person. I think it might be a good idea for you and DH to sit down and plan out how you are going to afford a child. DH and I are planning on spacing out the big purchases so they don't hit all at once.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagejennoak:
    I know it's not even close to being this time. But I had a bit of a freak out. My husband and I don't make a lot of and unable to really save every week with bills. How in the world r we gonna pay for daycare??? Or even the basic stuff for baby? My hubby is reassuring me everything will be ok. Anyone else feel like this??

I feel the same! My husband says it will be fine too, and there are definite adjustments to our budget that can be made, and we too will be spacing out big purchases, but I still freak out... Not only necessarily for when baby arrives, but if its a girl, for her wedding, and regardless of boy or girl, future vacations, activities, education, etc!! I know people do it with way less and make it work, but every time we pay a bill I can't help but run it all through my head again!

One thing we are doing right now is buying gift cards any time we go to Sam's Club, Target, and Baby's R Us (between $20 and $50) even if we are just browsing... Then it just looks like we spent some money now but are really saving it for purchases later....

• Loading the player...
  • Babies are definitely expensive, as is daycare. In fact, that's why some couples choose to have one spouse stay at home. Because the cost of daycare exceeds that spouse's income. I think you two should look at your net income, look at your fixed expenses (rent/mortgage, utilities, gas, etc) and figure out what you have left over and where you can make sacrifices.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"