Trouble TTC
Options

I'm 58 days late, but I'm not pregnant!

Hi,

This is my first time writing on a post here and I just needed to see if anyone else is in or has been in a similar situation as am I. The title of the post says it all- I'm late, but I'm not pregnant. I've taken a few tests and went to my family doctor and all have come back negative.  

My husband and I have been married for about 8 months now and to be honest, I didn't want to have a baby right away. We always talked about how we wanted to wait a couple years before we get pregnant so we can enjoy being newlyweds. That all changed a few months ago when I checked my phone app (yes, I have period tracker on my phone because I am the worst when it comes to remembering things lol) and saw that I was a few days late. I had my period regularly, but there was a time a few years ago when I missed it for a couple of month back when I was in college. Anyway, I waited another week, still nothing. I bought pregnancy tests and all have come back negative. Fast forward 1 1/2 I decided to go to the doctors. I had a blood test and still nothing. I honestly felt like I was pregnant and when I found out that I wasn't I felt relieved, yet so disappointed. I guess I really do want a baby after all.

A couple weeks after the blood test, I still haven't gotten my period. I made an appointment with my gynecologist  to see if everything is okay down there and I'll be seeing him this coming Monday. My doctor said it could be stress related but I just don't feel right-- my stomach is bloated, I'm exhausted almost ALL the time, I'm sore.. I'm scheduled to get my period Tuesday, so we'll see what happens.

Has anyone gone through this???

Re: I'm 58 days late, but I'm not pregnant!

• Options
    PeedyPeedy member
    This post might be a little more suited for the TTGP board.
  • Options
    Thanks, I've directed my post to that thread :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

First I am sorry you are going through this. However I don't think this board is the best place for your question as it is for ladies who who been trying to conceive for over a year and are undergoing infertility treatments.

That said, everyone can have a wonky cycle and that may be what you are dealing with now. You really have no idea if you have ovulated or when your period is actually due as those phone trackers are only guessing, not based on any fact.

Your doctor can prescribe medicine to jump start your period but if you are not TTC, then are you not on birth control?  If you want to know how your body works, there is a website called fertilityfriend.com that gives you information on how your body works and that you can use to track your temperature with a body basal thermometer which can help you pinpoint when ovulation occurs. There is also a great newbie post on the Tring to get pregnant board that explains a lot of this stuff. Check that out.

image         image

imageimage
    My Ovulation Chart
    **All AL Welcome**
    TTC since July 2012 Me(42): normal HSG low progesterone 2.5 and TSH 13.9 DH(41): normal SA
    • 10 cycles no meds, July 2012 -March 2013: BFN
    • Cycle 11 - Chlomid and IUI April 6, 2013 BFN
    • Cycle 12 Chlomid but canceled IUI so only TI BFN
    • Cycle 13 - On break from meds - suprise BFP - ended in CP June 11, 2013
    • Cycle 14 - TTA BFN
    • Cycle 15 - 17 - Break from meds and doctor, trying on own BFN
    • Cycle 18 Chlomid and TI BFN
    • Cycle 19 BFN ...  onto Cycle 20
    • Cycle I have no fricken clue anymore but still BFN
  • Options
    mmb248mmb248 member

This can happen sometimes.  I went 6 months without a period in HS, and had several 60+ day cycles last year.  Typically, when this happens it means that your body didn't ovulate.  No ovulation = not pregnant.  If you go more than 60 days without your period, you should contact your dr because it's really not healthy to go so long without it.  Your dr can prescribe provera to jump start your cycle.

If you have decided to try to conceive, you should ditch the period app, because they are truly useless for helping to pinpoint ovulation and try charting your cycle using Fertility Friend, a free website/mobile app that a lot of ladies use.

As the PP mentioned, you should check out the Trying To Get Pregnant (TTGP) board.  The ladies there are a wealth of information.

imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply!  The period tracker was actually accurate when it came to me getting my periods, not until recently.  But I will definitely check out that site :)
  • Options
    Glad to know that I'm not the only one that has a irregular cycle.  Thanks for your advice and I will check out fertility friend :)
  • Options
    ksgsmuksgsmu member
     I agree with pp....  see your Dr and ditch the App if you really want to know how your body works!  Good luck!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options

It might be stress, some changes to your life or just a fluke. But you might also want to check with your doctor about possibly have PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome). This is a disease that can cause your period to stop for months at a time. I've gone 6 months or more without AF due to PCOS. Symptoms can include the following: overweight, difficulty losing weight, missed periods, hair loss, acne, elevated testosterone levels and multiple cysts on your ovaries. Most of the time this is diagnosed through bloodwork and doing a vaginal ultrasound of your ovaries.

You may not have this, but thought I should tell you just in case. It's something that you can easily check through your doctor. Also you don't have to have all of the above symptoms to be diagnosed with PCOS.

Good luck at your doctor's office.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"