Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Keratin treatment worry

I had a keratin treatment today. I called my OB's office about it and they said it was ok in the 2nd trimester and if it had no formeldhyde. I had my hair stylist check and it wasn't listed. She also checked with a fellow stylist to see if it was ok for pregnant women and she said it was fine. So, why am I sitting here freaking out that I did it? I can only blame PGAL brain, or the fact that I'm a worrywart.
Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Keratin treatment worry

• Options

Don't freak out.   Says a woman who breathes formaldehyde on a daily basis!

Even though it's not a listed "product,"   the one time I had it done I did smell formaldehyde once they removed the saran wrap off my head!  I was not happy-  but at least the salon was well ventilated.

I know plenty of moms who worked in anatomy labs/science labs all throughout their  pregnancies and their kids are perfect!

TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
    BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
    Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
    BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks babystoli.  I didn't have my head saran wrapped. I did the keratin express, so she just brushed on the keratin and then straightened my hair.  I didn't notice an overwhelming smell while she was doing it.  Do you work in a lab?
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have experience with this, but I am positive your OB would have told you if it was a problem at all.  That's his or her job.  Try not to worry.  Just enjoy the straight, shiny hair.  LO is just fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"