July 2013 Moms
Options

Who do you invite to a Baptism?

Bear's Baptism has been scheduled for August 18th.  It's going to be an outdoor ceremony so they are pulling out chairs for our guests and want a guest number.  So... who am I supposed to invite to this?  Are you supposed to have a party after?  I've been to some First Communions where you have a little party and invite the extended family, but never a Baptism.  I was thinking just the immediate family with a brunch after but don't want to insult anyone by not inviting them.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

Re: Who do you invite to a Baptism?

• Options
    This is what we did for DS and I plan to do the same for DD. We invited our immediate family, closest aunts and uncles, and close friends. The total was about 30 people. Most came to the church. We had a party at our house immediately following the church and the ones who missed the ceremony came to this. I ordered food from a nearby restaurant that DH and my dad picked up on the way home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    After my son's baptism we did have a little party over at our house.  We invited family (this included aunts, uncles, cousins) that we had invited to the baptism, but not friends. We kept it really simple with a backyard bbq and told everyone to change, had some games set up, kept it very low key and relaxed and it was nice. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DD's is scheduled for the same day.

I do the baptism as a combo with a MTB party. I send out baptism invites to all our Catholic peeps to attend the Mass and a party at home. Then we send out an email to our non-Catholic peeps to invite them to the MTB party which follows the baptism. (We make it clear they are welcome to attend both, but between 2 children so far the non-Catholics just come to the party.) The party is low key, a cold cut platter and croissants for making sandwiches, fruit plate, crudites, (all things that can be ordered and picked up on the way home from Mass.) Cake and punch, coffee, tea.

If you just want to do a Baptism party I would put any family and friends who are Catholic on the list. I love going to Baptisms. 

BTW, this is a good reminder for me to order invitations today, thx!

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    KERJFKERJF member

we did family and our really really close friends.

we had a casual BBQ after at my parents since it was down the road from the church (vs our house that was 35 minutes from church). 

imageimage
  • Options
    I will invite immediate family and my "God" family, if you will - my godparents and my godchildren.  This is a really good question.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since September 2014

My Ovulation Chart 

• Options
    We are doing immediate family and godparents. This is about 30 people. My MIL wants to invite Aunts, Uncles, and cousins. That would double the number. My hubby told her no way. We will see if she accepts it or whines.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"