Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

new vice

Since my DH and I have been TTC (only a few weeks), I am become addicted to watching pregnancy announcements on youtube! I totally daydream about how I would tell my family and my DH when/if we finally make a little one!

Sorry if this kind of thing has already been posted before, but what do you ladies consider to be your new go-to vice while you daydream of pregnancy?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

Re: new vice

• Options

What? People announce their pregnancies on YOUTUBE? Geez, I thought Facebook announcements were bad.

I secretly shop for baby stuff on Amazon. I have a private wishlist with a whole boatload of baby stuff I hope to someday move to a baby registry. 

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• Options
    I think the youtube announcements are previously recorded "surprises" a family shares and then the mother/father-to-be then puts the recording on youtube to share with other friends and such...

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

TTCAL May 2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagevon1976:
    What? People announce their pregnancies on YOUTUBE? Geez, I thought Facebook announcements were bad.I secretly shop for baby stuff on Amazon. I have a private wishlist with a whole boatload of baby stuff I hope to someday move to a baby registry.nbsp;

No. People record their announcements and post them on YouTube. It's not like they're announcing it via YouTube.

My Pinterest account is secret and ridiculous.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• Options

imagerds51510:
    I think the youtube announcements are previously recorded "surprises" a family shares and then the mother/father-to-be then puts the recording on youtube to share with other friends and such...

Ok, I get it now. I still think it's kind of silly and AWish. Most people outside of family don't really care that you're KU. 

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• Options
    imagesueann911:
    imagevon1976:
    What? People announce their pregnancies on YOUTUBE? Geez, I thought Facebook announcements were bad.I secretly shop for baby stuff on Amazon. I have a private wishlist with a whole boatload of baby stuff I hope to someday move to a baby registry.nbsp;

No. People record their announcements and post them on YouTube. It's not like they're announcing it via YouTube.

My Pinterest account is secret and ridiculous.

This! I love Pinterest and totally have a secret baby board. Instead of ridiculous I would argue that we are just well prepared. At least that makes me feel better about it... haha.
    UntitledUntitled
  • Options

About the YouTube thing: I love watching people get good news, and seeing their happy tears and hugs makes me feel good and hopeful about our own plans. There's way too much scary information out there and the simple act of sharing such good news keeps me in optimistic-mode.

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

TTCAL May 2018

• Options
    Pinterest is definitely my downfall... I have a "Baby" secret board, "Circus Nursery" board, and "Birth and Breastfeeding" board... all of which are updated with embarassing frequency.  Embarrassed

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BFP #1 - July 28, 2013.
    EDD: April 9, 2014
  • Options
    Before DH and I even started to TTC #1 I had a whole baby board on Pinterest.
  • Options
    Do the same thing...occasionally. They make me cry! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageRMS112611:
    Pinterest is definitely my downfall... I have a "Baby" secret board, "Circus Nursery" board, and "Birth and Breastfeeding" board... all of which are updated with embarassing frequency.nbsp; [:]

This is totally me too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagerds51510:
    About the YouTube thing: I love watching people get good news, and seeing their happy tears and hugs makes me feel good and hopeful about our own plans. There's way too much scary information out there and the simple act of sharing such good news keeps me in optimisticmode.

Speaking of, go to YouTube and type in "I think I wanna marry you" and watch the first video that pops up. It should be Isaac Lamb's live lip dub proposal. So sweet! I cried the whole time!
  • Options
    Wow, I guess I'm in the minority. I don't really have a vice related to PG or babies. Unless you count this board. Sometimes I look at the birth month boards but then they depress me so I'll stay away from them for awhile. I guess my way of dealing with not being PG yet is to visit here and not much else. I would love to start thinking about nurseries, looking at clothes, etc...but to keep myself in a healthy frame of mind I can't think about any of it until it's needed.

• Options
    imagevon1976:

I secretly shop for baby stuff on Amazon. I have a private wishlist with a whole boatload of baby stuff I hope to someday move to a baby registry. 

I have this too. I have pretty much planned my entire nursery and even have some publisher docs with the items to show how it will all look together. Since I know my color scheme (yellow, gray, and green) no matter the sex, after my CP, I started spray painting old furniture to use in the nursery. It actually really helped me cope to have a project.

Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    zg49zg49 member
    imagerds51510:

Since my DH and I have been TTC (only a few weeks), I am become addicted to watching pregnancy announcements on youtube! I totally daydream about how I would tell my family and my DH when/if we finally make a little one!

Sorry if this kind of thing has already been posted before, but what do you ladies consider to be your new go-to vice while you daydream of pregnancy?

Great. Now I have new things to watch on Youtube. I love watching happy moments other people capture. Even if I don't know them, it fills me with such joy.

My go-to vice is either TB, reddit or Pinterest. I have a secret board that I can't wait to make public! 

• Options
    I'm awful, my "baby fever" board on Pinterest isn't even secret. I made it before secret boards were an option. Meh, I don't really care if anyone knows we want a baby lol. I've also bought a few gender neutral baby items and diapers that were on super clearance and leave the stuff in the future nursery's closet. No harm in stocking up now. 
  • Options

imagejnic0319:
    I have secret boards on Pinterest. I've been so tempted to create a secret Amazon wishlist/registry mainly for the purpose of beginning research on brands and safety but I feel like that's going too far right now and I'm paranoid someone will find them.

Good lord your house is beautiful. 

• Options

imagehrushka:
    Pinterest. I have a "future baby" board, but for some reason it's not secret, so I try not to pin to it too much. Anyone know if you can make a public board secret after the fact? 

I don't think you can do it after the fact... maybe if you click on "Edit Board?"  You might have to create a new board, and you can choose the option of it being secret.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BFP #1 - July 28, 2013.
    EDD: April 9, 2014
  • Options

I have never watched a baby announcement video anywhere, specially on YouTube.  I do know how I want to tell my husband -- and we have talked about when and how we are going to tell our parents and siblings.  (Everyone else will find out via Facebook post.) 

Like a lot of PP I do have public and secret Pinterest boards with tons of baby stuff.  I have started to compile a list of things that we would want to register for based off of research I have done. I also have "What to Expect", "Nursery Decor", and "Clothing" baby boards, along with others.  I am a Pinterest Baby freak! lol

Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options

imagesueann911:
    imagevon1976:
    No. People record their announcements and post them on YouTube. It's not like they're announcing it via YouTube. My Pinterest account is secret and ridiculous.

Absolutley the bolded.  

• Options

imagesheenaro:
    imagesueann911:
    imagevon1976:
    No. People record their announcements and post them on YouTube. It's not like they're announcing it via YouTube. My Pinterest account is secret and ridiculous.
    This! I love Pinterest and totally have a secret baby board. Instead of ridiculous I would argue that we are just well prepared. At least that makes me feel better about it... haha.

Me too. i have a Pinterest addiction and my favourite is Baby/kid stuff!!

• Options

imageClarinet35:
    imagerds51510:
    About the YouTube thing: I love watching people get good news, and seeing their happy tears and hugs makes me feel good and hopeful about our own plans. There's way too much scary information out there and the simple act of sharing such good news keeps me in optimisticmode.
    Speaking of, go to YouTube and type in "I think I wanna marry you" and watch the first video that pops up. It should be Isaac Lamb's live lip dub proposal. So sweet! I cried the whole time!

I've seen that proposal video, it is amazing! The guy that made it was on the Today show a while back and was talking about how all men hate him.  It's pretty hard to top!

The YouTube videos always make me cry, I'm such a sucker.

You can have a secret Pinterest board?! I probably shouldn't of read this. There goes my afternoon... ;) 

imageimage
    Beautiful Baby Girl born May 28, 2014

• Options

I know this site is my vice... I took a few days away when I was getting too stressed (moving past our 8th cycle) and I felt better about our situation. But I can't help myself... and now I'm back lurking!

I try to minimize the day dreamy activities on pinterest and Etsy, it just gets too depressing each month!

But I do have to add that you should all watch 'Brad and Emily get Engaged'
     on YouTube. This video came from my area, and the lengths Brad went to so that every important person from her life could be there were absolutely amazing!! I can't watch it without sobbing... we had a good cry in our office when it first came out!

Married in 2006, TTC since Dec 2012
    Unexplained IF, Hypothyroidism

IUI's 1 - 3: Femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI's 4 - 5: Femara + Gonal F + Ovidrel = BFN

IVF Jan 2015. 21R/18F/15 still growing on day 2
    Transferred two beautiful embies on day 2, beta 1/29

• Options
    I'm weirdly obsessed with the royal baby.  I bet he/she comes out all classy-like & leaving Kate's taint in tact. I wish I had classy babies like that. 
  • Options

imagejnic0319:
    I have secret boards on Pinterest. I've been so tempted to create a secret Amazon wishlist/registry mainly for the purpose of beginning research on brands and safety but I feel like that's going too far right now and I'm paranoid someone will find them.

Yep, all this. 

image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"