July 2013 Moms
Options

big baby club

Okay, ladies with big babies, time to check in.

When is your due date?
Mine is Monday.

What size is baby estimated to be?
Today they said 9lbs2oz. Pretty much right in line with what they said at 35 weeks.

Any progress?
Just one centimeter... sigh

Most importantly, how are you doing?
I'm getting nervous, but mostly glad that they didn't say 10 today! Really hoping this show is on the road soon. The doctor today said he had one word for me, epidural. I would still love to do it all naturally but I'm not going to beat myself up about it if I can't.

Tell me about you!

Re: big baby club

• Options
    When is your due date?   FRIDAY
    What size is baby estimated to be?  at 36w5d he was measuring 7lb 11oz.   Next scan will be Monday at 40w3d if I don't go into labor first.

Any progress?
    Nothing. Nada. Zero.

Most importantly, how are you doing?  Impatient.  I was 100% fine until it got to this week.  Now I'm so impatient to meet him.
    Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• Options
    When is your due date? 
    Last Saturday

No size estimate, but numerous comments from my OB such as, "he's a big guy", "chunky baby!", and from today as she was feeling my belly, "there's a lot of baby in there!"

Any progress? 
    2 cm, 80%, -2, which is a tiny bit of progress from last week, but I started feeling cramps last night that are still randomly occurring

I'm crossing my fingers that something is starting to happen. My OB is the one on call tonight, and I would really like her to be there, not another OB.Also, I won't be induced until next Thursday (41w, 5d) and am so ready to cuddle my little guy. Physically feeling pretty good though, although my pelvis is sore from the internal and the cramps. 

Jasper 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagencchnat:
    Good luck, ladies!nbsp;Is it wrong of me that I'm kind of selfishly hoping someone takes the Biggest Board Baby award away from me?9 pounds 10 ounces. That's what you need to beat, ladies. Stick out tonguenbsp;

I'm usually pretty competitive, but I am a ok with you maintaining that honor! You did it and lived to tell the tale so that's reassuring to me! C:
  • Options
    imagemaryannespier:
    When is your due date? July 30thWhat size is baby estimated to be? At a growth ultrasound at 35 weeks they estimated 8 pounds and in the 98th percentile, but guesses since then have placed him a little smaller, and the last "birth day" estimate I got from my midwife was that he'd be in the high 9s.nbsp; This is actually reassuring to me because I was mentally preparing for an 11 pound baby.
    Any progress? Very effaced, but as of Monday only a fingertip dilated.nbsp; I'm hoping the cervical pressure I've been feeling since then is evidence of more progress.

Most importantly, how are you doing? Less freaked out than I was.nbsp; Just trying to get myself in the zone.nbsp; Walking a lot, trying not to melt into a puddle, and putting finishing touches on the nursery!

I was mentally preparing for 11 lbs too based on what the docs told me. I was actually relieved he was only estimatedat 9lbs2oz today!
  • Options

I have an ultrasound tomorrow to get a size estimate. I will be 40 weeks and 5 days. At 36 weeks they estimated her to be 7lb 7oz. She was in the 88th percentile (95th for her belly) so likely she'll still be in that range.

Only fingertip and 50% as of yesterday. Will have another check tomorrow. It seems likely that I will need to be induced, which is scary since I am attempting a VBAC, but if I can be induced and have my VBAC I'll take it.

• Options
    imagencchnat:

Good luck, ladies! 

Is it wrong of me that I'm kind of selfishly hoping someone takes the Biggest Board Baby award away from me?

9 pounds 10 ounces. That's what you need to beat, ladies. Stick out tongue 

ncchnat - you missed the 10lb 11oz baby we have.  There was a pic of him today.    So your record has been stolen.    Granted I think she delivered 10 or 11 days late, so that's kinda like cheating :)

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• Options
    My due date is Monday!!!
    Approximate size is 7 to 8lbs
    I am only 1 cm dilated but 90 percent effaced as of this past Monday. Having more cramping/contractions so I hope that means more progress!
    I am feeling good. Burst of energy this week so I cleaned the house top to bottom! She can come anytime now! I'm impatiently waiting!! =]
  • Options
    I'm due July 26th, 39 weeks tomorrow.
    Baby is looking at around 8 and a half pounds today. No progress AT ALL. Nada. Zero. ZIP. I'm miserable. Nuff said.

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageshara3333:
    ncchnat you missed the 10lb 11oz baby we have.
    There was a pic of him today.So your record has been stolen. Granted I think she delivered 10 or 11 days late, so that's kinda like cheating :

Jeebus! This is my only worry about holding out on my induction. The last weight estimate I had was at 35 weeks and he was estimated at around 7lbs. Haven't had any since then but since I am already 41w2d and won't be induced until 42 weeks if I don't go before then, I'll be between 9 and 14 days late! I have a feeling I'm looking at a hefty baby.

ETA which post was the 10lb 11ouncer? I looked back like two pages but I must have missed it...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Due July 30.  Estimated to be 8 pounds at 38 w.  1cm dilated, 0% effaced.  I'm very anxious about this one considering she's already almost 2 pounds bigger than my first!  I am praying the epidural works and I don't miss the window of opportunity!!

• Options
    I'm curious about the reason for growth scans. Is there a particular reason that they are done for some people and not others? Or something to do with insurance coverage? I haven't had an ultra sound since my anatomy scan, we just listen to the heartbeat and measure fundal height each appointment. 

Jasper 

• Options

My doc has never once measured fundal height. Lol. I think every doc and practice is just different. 

I had one at almost 37 weeks and my doc said it was just to check the baby's position and size. Though said he doesn't do a c section based on size scans bc they are estimates.  I actually did not think he was going to send me for one, but he did. 

I'll have another if I go overdue to checks size, fluid levels and to make sure baby is still thriving in the womb.  

ETA: meant to quote sarahD 

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• Options
    imageSarahDF84:
    I'm curious about the reason for growth scans. Is there a particular reason that they are done for some people and not others? Or something to do with insurance coverage? I haven't had an ultra sound since my anatomy scan, we just listen to the heartbeat and measure fundal height each appointment.nbsp;

surprisingly they sent me for a growth scan at 35 weeks because fundal height went significantly down from the previous two measurements. They were concerned. It seems that baby was just laying in a funny position that day, and I found out I had a big baby. They don't normally do this at my practice.
  • Options
    imagemaryannespier:

Isn't it silly?  I know that it's only a pound or something away, but the number 9 is so much nicer than the number 10 or 11.

It does seem silly, but I am so right there with you!!!

• Options
    Thanks for all of the responses, that makes sense!

Jasper 

• Options
    imagencchnat:
    Good luck, ladies!nbsp;Is it wrong of me that I'm kind of selfishly hoping someone takes the Biggest Board Baby award away from me?9 pounds 10 ounces. That's what you need to beat, ladies. Stick out tonguenbsp;

You and I are tied for weight! How long was LO? Charlie is 22"
  • Options

FYI (lurker here)- I have a 9 month old, and he was 10lb 5oz and 23 inches at 39w6d delivered naturally!

The growth u/s just 4 days earlier said he was "around 8lb 2 oz"  

Don't believe what they tell you!  I had growth u/s every couple weeks and they were SOOOO wrong! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    imageBaby_Bunny_Hopeful:
    FYI lurker here I have a 9 month old, and he was 10lb 5oz and 23 inches at 39w6d delivered naturally!The growth u/s just 4 days earlier said he was "around 8lb 2 oz" nbsp;Don't believe what they tell you! nbsp;I had growth u/s every couple weeks and they were SOOOO wrong!nbsp;

Thanks for sharing. This makes me feel better. C:
  • Options
    imageBaby_Bunny_Hopeful:
    FYI lurker here I have a 9 month old, and he was 10lb 5oz and 23 inches at 39w6d delivered naturally!

Keywords to me, big and naturally. My vagina thanks you for this encouragement. For reals;D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageYaybaby01:
    imageBaby_Bunny_Hopeful:
    FYI lurker here I have a 9 month old, and he was 10lb 5oz and 23 inches at 39w6d delivered naturally!

Keywords to me, big and naturally. My vagina thanks you for this encouragement. For reals;D

honestly! Mine too!
  • Options

Yup!  You would be surprised what the body can do!  DS1 was 8lb12oz and natural (of course epidural LOL)... and everyone was in SHOCK when DS2 came out at 10lb5oz... definitely hurt a lot more, and I popped my tailbone while pushing (that hurt like a B and took a month ish to heal)- but I only had one small tear, no biggie!

GL ladies! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    Mine was also 9lb 10oz, born at 40w 5d vaginally with zero drugs! She measured 9lb 3oz at her growth scan 3 days before, so they were pretty close.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options

imagePink724:
    Mine was also 9lb 10oz, born at 40w 5d vaginally with zero drugs! She measured 9lb 3oz at her growth scan 3 days before, so they were pretty close.

This is also good to hear.  Except the difference three days can make in weight! I'm really hoping to labor soon - I REALLY want to try to do this with no interventions. Tongue Tied

• Options
    imageBaby_Bunny_Hopeful:

Yup!  You would be surprised what the body can do!  DS1 was 8lb12oz and natural (of course epidural LOL)... and everyone was in SHOCK when DS2 came out at 10lb5oz... definitely hurt a lot more, and I popped my tailbone while pushing (that hurt like a B and took a month ish to heal)- but I only had one small tear, no biggie!

GL ladies! 

Popping a tailbone doesn't sound like fun.  I've had hip and symphesis pubis issues for the last month or so.  I'm hoping all of this will heal afterwards.  I miss running so badly!

• Options
    image2012ames:
    Okay, ladies with big babies, time to check in.

When is your due date?
    Tomorrow.

They estimated over 7 lbs over 2 weeks ago. They are expecting close to 9 at delivery.

Any progress?
    None. Nothing. Nada.

I'm doing great, just tired. I am hoping to go into labor on my own and avoid induction, but I don't know if it will happen!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This one is a little more fun to read. I just want to give all of our nervous little selves a big hug and tell us all that everything will be all right. The anticipation in us was thick with excitement.
  • Options
    kalemikalemi member
    edited November 2013
    Eek ds was the 10lb 11oz. The fact he didnt win biggest baby makes me want to cross my legs even more. I cant even imagine the tearing that could have happened.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"