? Pomerado Hospital question ? — The Bump
San Diego Babies

? Pomerado Hospital question ?

For those who delivered at Pomerado Hospital how was your experience?? DH I are planning to start trying this fall. I just got new insurance am looking for a new OBGYN. I think I might go with Colette Eastman she delivers at Pomerado. I'd love everyone's thoughts on Dr Eastman Pomerado! Almost all of my friends have recently delivered or are pregnant none of them delivered at Pomerado! We live in Rancho Bernardo so it would be very convenient! : But I'd rather not go to Dr Eastman if Pomerado is not recommended! THX!!

Re: ? Pomerado Hospital question ?

• I am 27 weeks here and planning to birth there. We have a tour this weekend... I'll let you know how it goes. Otherwise, I'm interested in other peoples' experiences, too! Especially because we are planning/hoping for an unmedicated, intervention-free birth, so I'm really interested in their practices there.
  • I just delivered at Pomerado two weeks ago and Dr. Eastman is my OB.
    Pomerado was great! All of the nurses I had 6 or 7 while there were so nice. I only had one that I didn't like quite as much, but think it was a "connection" thing, not based on care. I would highly recommend it. The maternity ward was quiet and they were pretty relaxed with regards to visitor times, which was helpful for me.
    Dr. Eastman is great! I chose her because I saw an old "review" of her on here saying she is phenomenal so I thought that was good. : honestly, I didn't feel certain about her until 3rd tri and delivery because I think I expected more info to be offered instead of needing to ask about everything. I have since read that most OB's don't just offer up their thoughts. She is a gentle doctor and did help me have the best birth experience no discussion of csection even when I feared it might come up fever, high BP. I highly suggest Dr. Eastman and Pomerado. GL TTC!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageechosdream:
    I am 27 weeks here and planning to birth there. We have a tour this weekend... I'll let you know how it goes. Otherwise, I'm interested in other peoples' experiences, too! Especially because we are planning/hoping for an unmedicated, interventionfree birth, so I'm really interested in their practices there.

They have tubs you can labor in of you request it. I planned to, but my water broke so I could not, but my nurse was happy to let me try the shower. I did get an epidural loved that lady too!, but I heard someone else down the hall, who must have been going medfree so I am sure they let people do it.

I will say that I wish there was more of a place to walk and look around or I was able to go outside more. The hallway was kind of boring for my labor walks preepi, but walking helped my pain level a lot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hunnygirl said:
    imageechosdream:
    I am 27 weeks here and planning to birth there. We have a tour this weekend... I'll let you know how it goes. Otherwise, I'm interested in other peoples' experiences, too! Especially because we are planning/hoping for an unmedicated, interventionfree birth, so I'm really interested in their practices there.

They have tubs you can labor in of you request it. I planned to, but my water broke so I could not, but my nurse was happy to let me try the shower. I did get an epidural loved that lady too!, but I heard someone else down the hall, who must have been going medfree so I am sure they let people do it.

I will say that I wish there was more of a place to walk and look around or I was able to go outside more. The hallway was kind of boring for my labor walks preepi, but walking helped my pain level a lot.
    Oh awesome, I will totally request a tub! Here's hoping my water doesn't break when I want to use it... :) Thanks for the info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards