Birthday Parties

Whom to invite

Who are you guys inviting to your LOs first birthday? We are having a medium sized party with about 30ish people at a restaurant. We invited our families and each of our very close friends.

So, here's my dilemma. I watch a little boy 4 days a week who is my sons age. I've watched him over 6 months now and have gotten fairly close to their family. Should I invite them? My husband thinks it would be awkward but my mom thinks I should. I have no clue.

My other dilemma. Over the past 6ish months I've become close with another mom from a moms group. We have play dates several times a month and I really like her. She has asked me about Coopers party and I am unsure if she would want to come or is just being friendly.

What would you do? I don't want to leave anyone out who wants to come but also don't want anyone to feel obligated to come. So, would you invite them?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

Re: Whom to invite

• The plan so far for Roo's first birthday party is to invite both sets of grandparents, my sister, my BIL, DH's grandparents, my grandma, and a handful of friends.  There will maybe be 4 other kids at the party.  No more than 20 people.

Her birthday is in January so I'll either rent a space or cut down the guest list to about 10 and have it at home (I'm just now starting to save, so I'll budget in a few months).

I feel that if you want to invite them (and you can afford it/the space is big enough) than you should.  If they don't want to come they'll decline.  I've received invitations to events I didn't want to go to, I never felt obligated.  I just RSVP'd no.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • if you have the room, I'd invite both. 
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • In your situation, yes I would invite the mom and kid you babysit for and the mom and kid that you have become friends with from the mom's group. 
  • I don't think there's a right answer to this, and I think it's your call as to what you're comfortable with.

For my son's first birthday we invited family, our friends with kids, and my mom's group with their children.  All people we see on a fairly regular basis.  We didn't invite his daycare class, even though he sees them every day because I don't think they really had relationships at that age.  We will be inviting his class to his second birthday, but by that time he will have been with them for 18 months and has developed real friendships with the kids.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesingingirl96:
    if you have the room, I'd invite both. 

This. We're inviting a few friends who have LOs. I don't think people feel obligated. I know if it were me, I'd be glad to be there to help celebrate. And if for some reason I didn't want to go, I just wouldn't.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"