October 2012 Moms

STM: Let's talk about vaginal tears.....

Mobile: STM: Let's talk about vaginal tears....

Alright, for all of you second time moms who tore during your first delivery did you tear again the second time? Same place? What has your experience been? Recovery similar?

I had a 4th degree tear in addition to an episiotomy and I am starting to wonder what will happen with my second. My OB has mentioned a C-section for subsequent pregnancies b/c of the complications with my delivery, but I would rather avoid if possible.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: STM: Let's talk about vaginal tears.....

• Unfortunately I cannot help you  :(  but I have to say that when I read the topic name I thought it was tears....like tears you cry.  and I was like Oh lawd, this poor woman's va-jay is sad!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DD was 7 lbs 10 oz 21 in and I had a lot of diffuse tearing on one side. I guess it was "unstageable." Whatever. DS was 8 lbs 6 oz 21 in. And he thought it would he fun to come out with his hand by his face. 3rd degree tear on the other side. I shudder when I think what could happen if we decide to have a 3rd.
    TTC #1 since 05/09
    Me: Oligomenorrhea (workup for PCOS turned out to be negative)
    DH: 1st SA 11/09: good volume but only 20% normal

Cycle #1: Clomid 50mg=No O
    1/10 2nd SA (this time at the fertility clinic): PERFECT!!!
    1/10 My Tests: HSG All clear! B/W is normal!
    2/10 Started Acupuncture

Cycle #2: 100 mg Clomid CD4-CD8 trigger TI Progesterone=BFN
    Cycle #3: 100 mg Clomid CD3-CD7 trigger TI Progesterone=BFP!
    Beta 1=144 Beta 2=359 Beta 3=637

My Scrambled Eggs

Surprise BFP January 2012! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGraysMama104:
    Unfortunately I cannot help you  :(  but I have to say that when I read the topic name I thought it was tears....like tears you cry.  and I was like Oh lawd, this poor woman's va-jay is sad!!!

Even as I was typing it I thought it looked wrong!  

• imageKraneRN:
    DD was 7 lbs 10 oz 21 in and I had a lot of diffuse tearing on one side. I guess it was "unstageable." Whatever. DS was 8 lbs 6 oz 21 in. And he thought it would he fun to come out with his hand by his face. 3rd degree tear on the other side. I shudder when I think what could happen if we decide to have a 3rd.

Oh your poor vag :( I shudder at the thought too, was hoping to hear lots of "nope, didn't happen the second time!" responses. DS was tiny too, 6lbs @ 38 weeks - terrified of a 40+ weeks bigger baby :( 

• Yeah both were born at 41 weeks. It's Lots of ibuprofen. A little percocet. Obviously it hasn't completely scared me away from having another. It's all good.
    TTC #1 since 05/09
    Me: Oligomenorrhea (workup for PCOS turned out to be negative)
    DH: 1st SA 11/09: good volume but only 20% normal

Cycle #1: Clomid 50mg=No O
    1/10 2nd SA (this time at the fertility clinic): PERFECT!!!
    1/10 My Tests: HSG All clear! B/W is normal!
    2/10 Started Acupuncture

Cycle #2: 100 mg Clomid CD4-CD8 trigger TI Progesterone=BFN
    Cycle #3: 100 mg Clomid CD3-CD7 trigger TI Progesterone=BFP!
    Beta 1=144 Beta 2=359 Beta 3=637

My Scrambled Eggs

Surprise BFP January 2012! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DD1 I had a 2nd degree tear with no episiotomy.  With DD2 - I went from 7cm to 10cm dilated within a min and DD2's heart rate dropped and started setting off alarms in the room.  The cord was wrapped around her neck and they had to get her out so the on call doc did an episiotomy.  He did it where the previous tear and recovery wasn't too bad - actually a little easier than the first time around.  But that could be because I pushed for 2 1/2 hours with DD1 and less than 7 mins with DD2.
    DD1 - 08.10
    DD2 - 10.12
       #3 - 04.15
  • Wally3Wally3 member
    Slight tears both times. Second time was much easier delivery and recovery.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I was induced with E at 40wks5days.  She weighed 7lbs5oz.  I had an episiotomy and other tearing both at the perineum and internally due to her being OP and rotating while I was pushing.  Then my body tried to reject the sutures resulting in a long 10mos recovery complete with five silver nitrate treatments and five months of physical therapy (yes PT on my vagina).  My OB suggested a c-section.  Instead I hired a MW and planned a home birth.  Z was born at home at exactly 41wks and weighed 7lbs4oz.  I tore only enough for one stitch which my MW chose not to do because of my bad reaction the first time.  Not having sutures means I didn't have the craptastic recovery and all seems to be well.  DH just got home last week from his deployment so things are tender since it's the first time we've had sex since delivery but nothing compared to how they were last time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• Gray was 8lbs14oz and I tore inside, had stitches but I'm not sure how many.  Things seem a little tight there now and we have some trouble with sex but lube really helps.  This post now has me thinking about what will happen with my 2nd when we get there.....and also about sad vajays crying  ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • RayT1RayT1 member

I am not a STM, but my OB said I am guaranteed to have a episiotomy with all my future births.   I had a vertical tear during delivery stitched up, got infected, then a episiotomy 3 weeks later.   It makes me cringe thinking about it sometimes.   

I think it depends on how much scar tissue you have from your original tear... but I'm not certain.  

October 1st, 2012. 9lbs 2 oz

Jude - 8lbs 1 oz
    August 15th, 2014. 

• DS1 was born at 39w5d and was 8 lbs 1 oz. Induced because my water broke and I didn't go into labor on my own. Pushed for 2 hrs 40 min, epidural wore off, and had a second degree year that had no issue healing.

DS2 was born at 39w and was 7 lbs 13 oz. Induced because of fetal SVT, which is heart arrhythmia. Pushed for under 10 minutes, epidural was working amazingly, and no tears at all.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• 3rd degree tear and stitches with 1, not even an ibuprofen with 2.
    Birthday

• i had a 3rd degree tear the first time and none at all the 2nd.  DS was 8.bs 12 oz and DD was 8lbs 1 oz (2.5 years later)
  • I had 2nd degree tears with both but my second was much worse. I had an epi birth with my DD and I pushed for 2.5 hours. With my DS I had a natural birth and pushed for 10 minutes. I was much more sore with him because I wanted him out so bad. 
    ?Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.? Little Chick 5/10 Little Dude 10/12
  • I tore to the front with my first and it was a 2nd degree tear.  I tore towards the back with my second also a second degree tear.  No tearing at all with the 3rd.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Episiotomy with the first.

Tear with the second.

Small tear with the third

Big tear with the fourth.

That was 9 months ago and feeling fine.

I'm done!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"