December 2011 Moms

The dreaded stool samples..

Ugh - DS has been pasty soft/liquid for over two months now, we've been in contact with the Ped since the 4wk. mark, first appt. he had an ear infection, so go that treated... Now at the 18mo visit we need to do a series of stool samples, and UGH!!!  Who knew it was going to have so many "can't come in contact with" things, no regular diapers, sample can't come in contact with urine, etc.  Now that I finally got some cloth diapers/training pants, it's off to the races, and DS is clamping the butt cheeks.. 

Today we tried the cloth diapers, yea, DS wouldn't go in them...  Tried setting him on the potty, and while he loved it, no action "down there"...  ARGH!  I'm not sure if his DCP is willing to let him do the cloth diapers so we can get a sample finally taken..  This just sucks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The dreaded stool samples..

• I was FINALLY able to get the first of the three tonight (have to do every other day for each sample)...   

I think they had him sit some more at daycare since I told his teacher how he loved to sit even if he didn't know what was going on...  Tonight, DH brought him home, and off DS went to the bathroom and sat on his own (with diaper/pants up), and sure enough, went in his diaper...  So I switched him into a cloth one since I figured I interrupted him and we got one...  Still, NOT exactly an enjoyable experience!!!!  I just am holding out hope that just maybe DS will train himself from all the added sitting...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"