January 2014 Moms

Irrational fear - DH saves the day!

Here's a long story made short:

I have an irrational fear of birds.

A small bird flew into the house. It would not fly out the windows/doors for over an hour. I begged and begged and begged my H to come get the bird out. At first he told me to let him know if the bird tries to attack me. He finally caved and came home to take care of the bird. Such a great husband!!

Though the bird is gone, I still find myself scared that a bird is going to appear out of nowhere and attack me.

Anyone else have completely irrational fears of harmless animals? 

Baby #1 DS born August 2012
Baby #2 DD Born January 2014
Baby #3 ?? Due June 5 2015

Re: Irrational fear - DH saves the day!

• I am scared of pigeons, however, growing up in London in the 80's and 90's that's probably understandable!

I also have a fear of swans and geese.

Oh and let's not forget moths.  Petrified doesn't do it justice.  Never heard of anybody being killed by a moth but there you go.....

• I'm afraid of birds too. DH really wants a pet bird but no way is that happening.

Butterflies creep me out - not one random butterfly fluttering by, that's fine. But for example those cages at the zoo where you can walk through a butterfly habitat, that freaks me out.

• Loading the player...
  • I am deathly afraid of seagulls and I always have been. When I was really little, I was eating a string cheese and the seagull swooped down and took it from me as I was putting it in my mouth. This happened twice

They are mean, evil creatures. DH and I don't really go to the beach anymore except to take short walks cause it ends up being a long trip of me going, "it's coming over! Get it away from me!"
    Dave and Kathleen - 09.12.09:
    Partially Complex (my blog)
  • I'm so glad other people are scared of birds too! I hate all birds. Ducks, chickens, blue birds, pigeons, turkeys. If it has feathers, I am afraid of it!

• I don't like birds, but they don't scare me. My irrational fear is of spiders. I can't even kill the stupid things!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Waterbugs.

Y'all know what i'm talking about.

UGHHHH!!! 

• it's cats for me.
    i just don't trust them. (i think this fear started when i was a child. my older cousin who i looked up to a lot told me a story about a cat playing with someone's adam's apple while they were sleeping and killing that person.)
    to this day, i get panicky around cats.
    :(

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• kilbskilbs member
    Ahh!  We had a bird in our house a few weeks ago, too.  I called DH screaming and he just said to not make him come home over this.  He though I should catch it and take it outside.  I just opened a window and it eventually found its way out.  DD thought it was so funny.  You're lucky to have a DH that would come home to take care of it for you!
    Avashark Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagepennstated912:
    I am deathly afraid of seagulls and I always have been. When I was really little, I was eating a string cheese and the seagull swooped down and took it from me as I was putting it in my mouth. This happened twice They are mean, evil creatures. DH and I don't really go to the beach anymore except to take short walks cause it ends up being a long trip of me going, "it's coming over! Get it away from me!"

THIS!  I grew up a few miles inland on the Jersey Shore, and those gulls are ruthless!  I've had full sandwiches pulled out of my hands!  It's really scary when they realize you have food, sometimes they gang up and try to come after you in groups. 

• imagekilbs:
    Ahh!  We had a bird in our house a few weeks ago, too.  I called DH screaming and he just said to not make him come home over this.  He though I should catch it and take it outside.  I just opened a window and it eventually found its way out.  DD thought it was so funny.  You're lucky to have a DH that would come home to take care of it for you!

Oh he didn't want to come save me. He thought I was ridiculous (which I was), but after the third phone call he caved! 

• imagestellar77:

Waterbugs.

Y'all know what i'm talking about.

UGHHHH!!! 

SAME HERE!  And they are too big to step on, yuck!  My old house was on a lake and we'd get these on occasion in the house.  My cat always thought these were a toy - he'd pick them up and play with them. Until of course the legs all ame off.  Then he'd leave them with all the legs scattered around them.  And since I am petrified by them, with or without legs, I would kindly put a glass over them and leave them for my husband to take care of.  So gross!!!

pregnancy due date Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • I guess I could say spiders. We have no poisonous ones in New Zealand, except for white tails, which can bite, but usually not serious, like a bee sting.

Both FI and I hate them!! Would be comedic if it wasn't so horrible.
  • Ah, that is my nightmare! I hate birds so much!

A couple times growing up, the cover on our chimney got knocked off somehow and we had two birds in our house on separate occasions. I barricaded myself in my bedroom while putting a towel under the door (because I was convinced it could sneak through the not even half inch gap at the bottom of the door). Terrifying! My mom opened all the doors and was able to shoo him out after about 5 minutes.

I also had a full blown panic attack when I was walking across campus at college. A huge black crow swooped down right by my head and landed on the path in front of me. Just staring at me. I couldn't move and started freaking out. I ended up missing class, lol. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11
     BFP #2 5/28/13, EDD 1/17/14. Elliott - 12/31/13
  • imageRebis58:

Butterflies creep me out - not one random butterfly fluttering by, that's fine. But for example those cages at the zoo where you can walk through a butterfly habitat, that freaks me out.

My grandmother is terrified of butterflies. She says they're flying worms, which I guess they kind of are.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• I completely understand! My God, how terrifying!! My fear of birds is second only to my horrifying fear of snakes. And last night before bed I saw a story on Gawker about a man who received a snakebite on his penis when he sat down on his toilet. The story was followed by dozens of comments describing how common it is even across the US for snakes to lurk in toilets. I haven't been able to pee in comfort since.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    BabyFruit Ticker 
    BFP #2: 1/5/2013* Blighted Ovam discovered at 8 weeks* D&C: 2/15/2013
  • Killer whales. I refuse to believe they are harmless. They have seriously haunted my dreams for over a decade now and I cannot handle seeing pictures or especially videos of them. I feel like I am slowly getting over this, but avoid the sea and boats for this reason.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"