June 2013 Moms
Options

Some people are so inconsiderate

Last night we went out to dinner with DH's family for my birthday. I had Levi in the carseat with a A&A blanket draped completely over him. After we get there and get settled DH's aunt shows up with her grand kids (they're 5 and 6) and within minutes they're both coughing like crazy and we realize they have no voices. DH asks his aunt about it and she informs us they both have strep throat but havent started their antibiotics yet. Are you kidding me?!? Who brings kids to a dinner out when they have strep throat but especially when there is a newborn there as well as the newborn's 2 year old sister. 

I was livid. The aunt kept trying to come over and lift the blanket off the baby and I literally felt like I was blocking her all night long to keep him covered and healthy. The two sick kids also kept trying to touch the carseat and baby and trying to play with my 2 year old. Thankfully DD is on antibiotics for a double ear infection so hopefully she doesn't get sick. It got really frustrating when the aunt started calling me rude and inconsiderate for not taking the blanket off the baby or letting anyone hold him.

We are officially done with family time for quite a while 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Some people are so inconsiderate

• Options
    Oh my gosh I would have been so mad!! I totally would have said something... I can't believe that!

• Options
    That's ridiculous! People! The good thing is that babies won't get strep throat and the chances of your 2 yo getting it is small!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekellenestevan:
    Oh my gosh I would have been so mad!! I totally would have said something... I can't believe that!
    I would have said something too, after her calling you rude. What a douche.

• Options
    Ugh. some people are such idiots. I'm surprised you didn't remind her how rude she was.

I'm worried abort things like this. DH's family is having a reunion next weekend. I already told him no way in hell are a bunch of people I don't know going to touch or hold my baby! She will be worn the entire time but I'm surethere will still be those people that don't care about personal space or use common sense.
              image image

• Options
    I would have said something!!! Hell if your baby's didn't get sick , what about others who were there! Sometimes people don't think or have any consideration for anyone other than themselves.
  • Options
    Looking back now I so wish I would have said more. His aunt is really intimidating and I'm a little bit of a wuss when it comes to my husbands family but we will be keeping our distance for a while now or I might just say something to her ill regret later
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    OMG. I won't lie, normally I think people are a bit overprotective when it comes to taking their newbies in public, but holy shiiit i would be so mad! Like, I would feel terrible if my kid was sick and got a friend or family members' kid sick. Rude. You have every right to be mad, and I would have gotten my LO out of there with a quickness.
  • Options

imageTabbiC:
    OMG. I won't lie, normally I think people are a bit overprotective when it comes to taking their newbies in public, but holy shiiit i would be so mad! Like, I would feel terrible if my kid was sick and got a friend or family members' kid sick. Rude. You have every right to be mad, and I would have gotten my LO out of there with a quickness.

This! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I agree that it is rude, and I would have been upset too. FWIW when DS was an infant I had strep throat. I was so exhausted that i didn't even realize i was sick until i jad symptoms for a few days. I thought i was feeling sick from being so tired and the sore throat was from allergies. I was very worried about giving it to him so I called the pediatrician to ask about it and she told me that infants don't really get strep and the chances of me giving it to him we're slim to none. I am a SAHM so he was with me 24-7 and I was in very close contact as his main caregiver. He was fine.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    skioskio member
    Ridiculous. I don't understand how some people flat out don't use their brains.

I flipped my shitt last week bc GMIL came up to visit with a cold. Legit crying in the bedroom to H telling him I wanted them out of the house. He ended up grabbing the baby to bring to me in the bedroom and telling them I wasn't feeling well so that they would leave.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Unbelievable. When I was 6 months pregnant I had to go to urgent care on a Saturday night. In the waiting room, I overheard a mom with 3 kids that had all just been diagnosed with strep say she'd taken them to the local buffet restaurant before their appointment. I couldn't believe it, that someone would be so inconsiderate as to take sick kids somewhere like that. Hope you and your kids stay healthy!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, for real? That is so rude. Definitely speak up next time!

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Options
    Wow!  I probably would have said something and left. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AchaeAchae member
    Wow I would have left in a heartbeat
  • Options
    imagebaby Gs mommy:
    imagekelseypie:
    imagekellenestevan:
    I would have said something too, after her calling you rude. What a douche.
    All this for me too!! People have some nerve
    This. My Mama Bear would have come out...and she'd be the one leaving...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"