February 2012 Moms
Options

Baby Shower gifts for game winners

I am throwing my friend's shower and thought of doing something small for gifts.  I'm doing a few games and I think some of the other hosts are doing a few.  One for sure I'm doing is a guess the number of blue M&Ms in the baby bottle (in a large actual bottle - 9 oz so she can use it) and then a Baby Shower Bingo where you write in what you think she will get as a gift and then mark it off - whoever gets bingo first wins or gets the most right wins.  So I thought of doing a small candle or lotion or something and I'm ordering some products from Aveda and like their stuff - they have travel size lotions, etc.  Would that be a good gift?  I can also get a candle, etc. from a local boutique for about the same price - 7 or so dollars?  Would you like that as a gift?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Shower gifts for game winners

• Options
    A shower I went to recently had 5 dollar gift certificates to different food places. I thought those were nice and easy too.

Just a thought: I get migraines easily. [boo!] It's never fun to get candles or lotion at parties because they're rarely the kind that won't give me a headache. :0[ I realize I'm probably a minority in this though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • Options

Starbucks or Sonic GC would be great.  Picture frames maybe?  How about a finger nail polish and a cute file? Those insulated cups everyone is selling/using these days.

I'm trying to think of several different things because you can have some to choose from so people can get something they can/will use.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So how should I present them if they can pick?  We are doing several games I think, so each of us is responsible for the gifts for the winner of the particular game we are providing.  I had planned on buying a small gift bag for each item but instead should I get some of those clear ones so they are still cute but you can see through?  Or have them set up on a counter where someone can pick out of all the gifts for each game?  
  • Options

Starbucks (I won a $5 card at the last shower I went to!)

Candle (you can find yummy ones at TJ Maxx/Homegoods/Ross)

Travel hand lotion, nail file and nail polish.   

• Options

imagesapphirebride06:
    So how should I present them if they can pick?  We are doing several games I think, so each of us is responsible for the gifts for the winner of the particular game we are providing.  I had planned on buying a small gift bag for each item but instead should I get some of those clear ones so they are still cute but you can see through?  Or have them set up on a counter where someone can pick out of all the gifts for each game?  

This is how we do it pretty much.  We have a big basket with all the gifts in it and just tell them to pick what they want.  If it's something that has multiple (ie the finger nail polish and file) we would tie them together with ribbon.  Otherwise all the gifts are in a basket on a table in the room we are using for the shower (coffee table, end table, bar area) 

• Options
    I was in charge of game winner prizes for my SIL's shower which is tomorrow. She really wanted to play the dirty diaper game and the prize for that one is a candy bar bouquet. The other 2 prizes are a nice tea light candle holder a long with a bag of tea lights and a $10 Dunkin Donut gift card.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • Options
    I just threw a shower and we tied nail polishes to nail files for gifts. They ended up being closer to $8 each, but you can get a cheaper nail polish probably (I got Essie). Everyone wanted one! 
    BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I got two gifts because I am providing two games.  One is a small candle of the most popular scent so that even if someone doesn't like candles, there will be other options.  The other one was a nice magnetic pen and notepad set like for the fridge for notes, lists, etc.  I have no idea what the other ladies will provide for the gifts for their games, but I did these two and they were $8 each.  The candle is a name brand and the list is nice and heavy, nice pen, etc.  

I emailed the other host that I know to let her know my ideas and I still haven't heard form her so I don't know what they have planned so who knows.  I feel like this shower will have several different styles because we are all doing our own thing since nobody knows a theme, etc.  I have talked to my friend - the mom to be - and she's not picky, she just said do whatever, which makes it harder for us.  So I hope it turns out well and she enjoys it.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"