February 2014 Moms
Options

Murad eye cream- retinol?

I have been using murad's renewing eye cream on and off during my pregnancy (as I was doing before). I thought it was just a moisturizer, but this morning it popped into my head to google the ingredients and sure enough about halfway through the list it said "Retinol". (ingredients were not printed on the bottle-it must have been on the original packaging which I threw away months ago).

I am so frustrated. I have been trying really hard to do everything "right" including no salycilic acid or benzoyl peroxide despite lots of acne, and now find out an eye cream I thought was benign has retinol in it. I was using just a tiny bit, and only right under my eyes where I get dry skin.

I feel like products should come with pregnancy warning labels or something. I really don't need this additional stress right now! [end rant] :)

Has anyone else accidentally used a product like this? I'm feeling really guilty that I may have hurt the baby

Re: Murad eye cream- retinol?

• Options
    jp0912jp0912 member

Thanks for the tips everyone!

I did check the website and found the FAQ that says all products are safe in pregnancy. However, in looking at some of the ingredients, some products do have salicylic acid and other no-nos--so just make sure you read all ingredients before buying

• Options
    During my pregnancy with my son, I found in about month 7 that I had accidentally been using, for the whole time, a daily face wash with salicylic acid. He's got a pretty strong Dennis the Menace streak, but is otherwise a smart, beautiful, funny little three year old. I've been far more careful this time around, and I've had great results while TTC with Ole Henriksen's African Red Tea line (Sephora) as well as a few things from Basq (Pea in the Pod) and VMV Hypoallergenics (spa line-Beauty.com). If you're used to retinol products, I've read that glycolic acid is a safe alternative for anti-aging. Cosmetics junkie here...
    I'm convinced that TheBump is having a posthumous feud with Steve Jobs and you can't post siggys from Macs. 

Cue Hormonal Rage.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My OBGYN let me last time (and said its okay this time) to take a RX for acne with salicylic acid. I use a very tiny amount (I have only ever had one tube and its been almost 2 years and not even 1/4 gone). She said I would need to use a lot for it to get into my blood stream. A topical creme is topical...on the surface/local. She said for me not to worry. I don't have bad acne but being pregnant brings out the zits in me and I don't like it. I use it like 5-10 times a month when I am breaking out. She explained it to me as a "all in moderation" kinda explanation. 

I am NOT giving you clearance or an OK to use them. Please speak to your Dr :-) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mdr619mdr619 member
    Sadly, this just makes me want to run out and get a facial. :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"