August 2012 Moms

Should I be worried?

Saturday night Griffin had a terrible night and ended up in bed with is for the first time in over a month. Yes we were on our min vaca so it could have been that. He hasn't been too interested in bottle the last two days and has only had 4 oz today. Usually he drinks 8 in the morning and only wanted 4 and hasn't had any since. His day care provider said he drank about 16 oz of water and ate just fine. 4 just seems like not much. He usually has 18-22 oz a day.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Should I be worried?

• Maybe it's teething? Kate has days where she won't eat much. I was worried about dehydration, especially in the heat, but her doctor said not to give her more than only a couple oz of water, if that. Just to keep offering formula. 16 oz of water seems like a lot to offer, but I have no expert opinion backing up that thought.
  • imageBecc77:
    Maybe it's teething? Kate has days where she won't eat much. I was worried about dehydration, especially in the heat, but her doctor said not to give her more than only a couple oz of water, if that. Just to keep offering formula. 16 oz of water seems like a lot to offer, but I have no expert opinion backing up that thought.

I agree with the bolded.

I wouldn't worry too much about taking in just a few ounces of formula for one day. If it is the same tomorrow, I would call the doc.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am not an expert either but 16oz seems like a lot of water. Ethan is going through this also and he is major teething! He drank about 16oz of Milk today and 6-8oz of water.Hang in there! Hopefully it's just teething and it will pass soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would be more concerned as to why the DCP is offering water instead of formula.

But I wouldn't worry too much yet.  If it continues then maybe put in a call to the pedi.  But sometimes babies aren't as hungry or it could be teething.  I'd put my money on teething.  

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"