Georgia Babies
Options

Natural Childbirth recommendation?

I am pregnant for the first time and want a natural, unmedicated birth.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a provider reasonably close to Decatur?  All of the recommendations I have seen online are for Dr. Tate or Intown Midwifery.  My insurance doesn't cover Intown, so they're out.  I've been seeing Dr. Tate, but I'm just not impressed thus far.  Does anyone have any other suggestions, or has anyone done a natural, unmedicated birth with Dr. Tate (good or bad)? 

Re: Natural Childbirth recommendation?

• Options

If you aren't a member already, the Decatur Mamas yahoo group is a really great resource with lots of active posting moms -- I would post this there because you're likely to get some good feedback from local moms.   There are lots of providers out there where you can get what you want --  look for VBAC friendly places, and even check out the board at https://www.icanofatlanta.com/ or the natural living section of atlantamommas.com if you need / want to do more talking and research. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    And I thought I would add my own experience -- I used an office that's no longer open and delivered at N Fulton.   It was a bit of a drive but my work was up there so most of my appointments were before/after work.  Great experience and there are some other offices up that way that specialize in unmedicated birth. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kegkeg member
    I did an unmedicated VBAC with Dr. Tate and also had a doula.  I thought it was a great experience even though I wound up with some postpartum complications (bleeding that eventually required a transfusion).  I love Dr. Tate in that I knew I didn't have to fight against unnecessary interventions and that he would give me the best possible chance for a vaginal delivery.  I also think he's a character and appreciate his personality.  I truly believe that you have the best chance of a vaginal birth with him because he will deliver breech, use forceps, etc, etc. He also will do paracervial blocks which provide temporary pain relief similar to a epidural but will still allow you to be mobile which I don't think anyone else will do. 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options
    I had my son with Intown natural water birth and unmedicated and they really are great but I can't imagine doing it without insurance! Just know that you can have the birth you want with any provider and at any hospital but you may just have to fight for it more. I really recommend getting a doula that will be on board with your birth plan. They range in price mine was around 550 but she was well worth it and helped me have the birth that I wanted. The doulas know what contradictions you may face at different area hospitals. Also I don't know how much you looked into Intown but they do their billing through Dr.Bootstaylor. If he is covered by your insurance then they are covered
  • Options

Did you lookup Dr. Bootstaylor on your insurance?  He is the backing doctor for Intown Midwifery and all the claims will be billed under his name.  I highly recommend him.

For other provider reviews, I highly recommend that you check out ICANofAtlanta.com

https://www.icanofatlanta.com/board/index.php 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"