High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Feeling emotional today - vent

I'm on day 13 of home bed rest due to preterm labor. The first few days I think I was just trying to emotionally absorb the life change and the anxiety around possibly going into labor early. I really haven't been emotional... until today.

My maternity shoot is supposed to be this Sunday, pending my doctor's approval. My friend who owns a salon was supposed to help me with my make up and I got a text from her today that she is leaving town and won't be able to do it. I don't know why but this opened the flood gates... I suddenly started feeling so out of control of everything.... I'm not used to having to rely on other people for anything (i.e. my best friends hubby has to bring me bottled water today b/c I ran out and my hubby can't get out of the office)... I feel like everything is up in the air and I can't rely on anything I was planning on...  I'm so worried about getting to week 33 and just want so badly for our baby to survive.... my anxiety is through the roof. Of course being emotional spurred a round of contractions and now i'm feeling guilty but I can't stop the water works.

How do you calm your mind down from going in a million directions?  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Feeling emotional today - vent

• Options

I'm so sorry that you're going through this!

Can you try to do something (like reading a book or playing a game on your phone or computer) to try to distract your mind from all the worries?  I find that usually helps me at least for a little while.  If it's a good book that is fairly easy to read that is usually best because with tougher reads it's easier to let your mind loop back to your worries and forget about the book.

I think something such as Hunger Games or even the Harry Potter books could fit this bill... not difficult reads, interesting stories etc.  Also, if you have a kindle/nook/other e-book or e-book app you don't even have to go to the store or library to pick them up!

I really hope those suggestions will help!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I can completely relate. I am type A, control freak, very independent with a little OCD mixed in. My first 2 weeks on sbr I would lay in bed at night and cry out of pure frustration and all the unknowns we are facing. I don't know how to plan ahead because I don't know what I need until I need it. I have plenty of support from family when DH is working, but I hate having people take time out of their lives for me. I don't know your religious preference, but the only thing that would calm my mind in these moments is to turn Pandora radio on to the contemporary christian radio and get lost in prayer with God. It is amazing how different my mindset is after spending time with God. If that isn't your thing then maybe some type of meditation would help. Either way, you aren't alone. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was put on bedrest at 24 weeks due to PTL as well and knew it would likely be until my babies are born. Your only job right now is to lay down and grow your baby. Do whatever you have to in order to do that. I could not handle any stress - it caused contractions. So for 2 1/2 months I watched tv shows online, read beach reads and played 100 levels of Candy Crush Saga. I am normally a very productive person. But mindless distractions were what I needed to get through the days and  keep my mind from wandering. I didn't  think about anything other than bedrest. 

Maybe see if you can move your maternity shoot to a few weeks from now?

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
    IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
    Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
    Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
    BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"