New to SC (Fort Mill/Tega Cay)...Need lots of recommendations! — The Bump
South Carolina Babies

New to SC (Fort Mill/Tega Cay)...Need lots of recommendations!

My family is moving to Fort Mill in September from MI. I need lots of recommendations! I'm researching pre-schools in the areas along with pediatricians and ob/gyns. Any insight is appreciated!!

Re: New to SC (Fort Mill/Tega Cay)...Need lots of recommendations!

• Hi- I moved to Fort Mill a year ago. I go to Piedmont Gyn/Ob in their Steele Creek office and I liked them. I also now use Rock Hill Pediatrics Fort Mill office, but I have only had two appointments since my daughter was born. Good luck with your move!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Rock Hill ob/gyn is great, recommend Dr. Hilton. In Charlotte the Bradford clinic is top notch!
  • Loading the player...
  • I used Peidmont Gyn/OB in their Steele Creek office too. I really like them. We are using Charlotte Pediatrics, they have an office in Steel creek too (literally across the hall from the Gyno) and it's just 5 minutes down the road from us (we're in the fort mill/tega cay area as well).

The day care/pre-school we're going to use is Kids R Kids, which is on Highway 160. We really liked the people and the proposed curriculum (we haven't put her in yet as she's only 3 weeks old, but from the informational, we liked them). There is also the Goddard School, which I hear great things about, it was just a little too pricey for us.
    Lisa 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I,too, go to Piedmont GYN/OB. They are absolutely fabulous. Everyone congratulated my husband and I when we found out we were 5 weeks pregnant. They are caring and really do take the time to listen to their patients and answer questions.
  • I also go to Piedmont OB/GYN in Steel Creek and love them. The same practice also has an office in Rock Hill and Ballantyne. Right now I don't use a day care/preschool but our friends use Beansprouts in Fort Mill and rave about them. I haven't looked into a pediatric office yet, I'm due in May but may go with the Pediatric office right next to the OB/GYN. 

• My husband and I just bought a house two weeks ago in Fort Mill. I am only 4 weeks pregnant and I made my first Dr appt for Piedmont OBGYN at the Ballantyne office, seems I made a good choice. Has anyone delivered at CMC- Pineville? That is where I have been looking into.

image      BabyFruit Ticker

• Welcome to the area! :) I also go to Piedmont OBGYN and have had only positive experiences thus far; the midwives there are so great. My sister delivered three babies at CMC-Pineville and absolutely loved it; I am looking forward to delivering there, as well. They just completely remodeled their entire maternity wing a few years back, and it honestly feels as though you're in a hotel. My sister didn't even want to leave- LOL. 

The doctors at Piedmont actually only deliver at CMC-Pineville, so if that's where you want to deliver, you're definitely going to the right OB. I have lived in the area for about ten years, so if you have any questions about anything, feel free to message me! It's a great place!

aeseager[Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards